Offended

Looking at himself in the mirror one last time, Seokjin walked outside of his room and went into the living room where his uncle was.

"Seokjin-ah, how have you been doing?" The man smiled widely upon seeing Seokjin who bowed to him "I've been texting you quite a bit, didn't you see my calls?" He placed his hand on the younger's shoulder, patting him for a second before letting go.

Seokjin forced a smile in front of his face, not really looking at the man who had his father's smile but looking at the growing hairs on his chin.

"Actually, I have not been using my phone much lately." He looked at Namjoon who smiled and gave a nod before quietly leaving them alone to speak in private, not understanding the look hidden in Seokjin's eyes which told him to stay because out of all the people in his relatives, he felt the least comfortable with this man.

His uncle chuckled. "So you've been ignoring me?" He joked as he placed his arm around Seokjin's shoulder this time and walked with him to sit on the sofa.

"No, nothing like that." Seokjin shook his head, trying to make the lie believable. "It's just that I've been busy with other things really." He hoped the man would not ask about what he's been busy with because then he wouldn't know how to answer him. Most of time Seokjin was just in his room on his phone or with his mother.

A quick look around the room told Seokjin that he was really alone with his uncle in here. How he wished his mother was there too like she was in his room moments before. She would've surely helped him speak more confidently and not look awkward.

"It's fine, it's just a joke. I wouldn't expect a person in your situation to be any less busy and yeah I'm sure you already saw them but I've got you these macarons. Enjoy them later with your friends."

Seokjin looked at the bag on the table for second before looking back at the man in front of him, holding in a sigh and an eye roll.

"Thanks. You really didn't have to."

"It's nothing." The man smiled.

It was quiet for a second before the sound of Seokjin's uncle, Jeong-hoon's phone rang in the room. It was for a second but the younger saw his aunt's name on the screen before the man declined the call.

"This woman..." He sighed. "She's always worrying about you but look at you." He tapped Seokjin's thigh twice before pulling away, not noticing how Seokjin didn't seem to like how touchy he is "You're looking well. I'm glad to see you're better."

Better? Well that was something Seokjin didn't expect to hear with everyone else trying to send him to therapy. He wished someone had heard his uncle say it to prove them wrong.

"I believe the small cut on you head is all good now but what about your arm, how is it?" Jeong-hoon asked with his eyes on Seokjin's hand where bandages used to cover the burned skin before.

The younger man covered his hand with the other one, rubbing the bumpy skin ever so gently with the tips of his fingers.

"It's much better. Doesn't really hurt so bad anymore but I'd rather not use it much since it's still healing. Don't worry yourself about it." Seokjin smiled again in an attempt to reassure the man and stop him from asking much about it. He did not like how his hand looked right now nor did he like looking at it or touching it for it reminded him of how Jungkook had been burned in a way much worse than him.

"Would you like some coffee? I'll go make you some." When Seokjin was only halfway standing up to go do as he just said. Jeong-hoon held his arm, pulling him back down into his seat.

"No, no need. Don't bother yourself. I won't be here for long. I'm just here to check up on you, see how you're doing and if you need help with anything at all. I've heard that you're having a hard time dealing with the company Nam-jung left behind for you."