Chapter 37

Trigger warning: General depression stuff, mentions of the physical effects of anorexia (i kept it pg, dont worry)

Remingtonconfessions101: No. 91: OMG I have proof that Remington is a homophobe time to unstan.
User 1: I-
User 2: OmG YoUrE a GeniOuS
User 3: @AndyBiersack @Kittycatrem thought you might want something to laugh at x
User 4: This is so fucking funny
User 5: Wow I think they just won the title of stupidest person on the earth

Remington laughs out loud. With everything that happened yesterday, seeing something this stupid is welcomed.

Kittycatrem: I'd love to see that proof considering I'm gay and married to A MAN.

He, again, for the fourth time, reads the message Andy sent him this morning. 'Good morning, princes,' it begins, and then, 'I know you're hurt and I'm so sorry for keeping it from you. I had no idea how to bring it up and I really hoped Emerson would just not mention it. I understand your anger towards me and I don't expect a response, I just need to remind you that you're always my favourite person and if you're worried I'll choose Emerson over you, you are so wrongly mistaken. I could never. I love you, beautiful boy. Keep your chin up, okay?'

Remington gets teary, again, just like he does every time he reads it. He can't work out how one person could be so fucking perfect, so understanding, so completely calm about everything. The boy puts the phone down and, after a moment, picks it up again. 'You're making me cry,' he types,'why must you be so perfect? makes it impossible for me to get mad at you.'

"Morning, Remington," Dr Halls greets, entering the room with the usual medication.

"Hi," Remington returns. "I think I'm getting sick or something."

"Oh, why's that?"

"My stomach just hurts."

"Okay, we'll keet an eye on it. Your stomach may be hurting because of your digestive system struggling with digesting more food than it's used to. Do tell me if it gets worse."

Remington nods. He takes the medication.

"Your therapist is coming at two, okay? Make sure to tell her everything that's on your mind."

"Okay." He rubs his eyes, still thinking about the weight he gained. He wishes he's never looked at the number on the scale yesterday.

Kittycatrem: imagine how great it would be if everyone in the world was as understanding as Andy.

The singer lies back down and continues scrolling through Instagram, looking at all his tagged photos until he comes across a new hashtag. '#stanemersonandonlyemerson'. Remington frowns.

Emersonisking: did you see Andy and Sebastian having a go at Emerson in the livestream?? 
- -Empirate: @emersonisking yes! And Remington wasn't even doing anything about it. WTF

Palayeem: Emerson is the only good member, fight me.
- - Remingtonbby14: @palayeem why?? Remington is the only one who actually talks about his life and adresses his issues.
- - -Palayeem: @remingtonbby14 oh no are u one of those girls who thinks she's depressed because she heard one sad song once? Remington does all that for attention. He's not even gay, he just likes being qUirKy
- - - - Remingtonbby14: @palayeem I actually have diagnosed depression, stfu. And not gay? Honey he's married to a man. How about you stop making others feel bad for who they support and who inspires them? Remington is a huge inspiration to me. Always will be.
- - - - - Kittycatrem: @remingtonbby14 So much love for you!!! Gonna send you some signed merch.
- - - - - - Remingtonbby14: @Kittycatrem oh my god Really??!! i love you and Andy so much!!!
- - - - - - - Kittycatrem: @remingtonbby14 absolutely. I'm sure Andy will sign something for you, too. Check your dms x

Eeemerrrsonnn: imagine stanning remington or sebastian now wtf they were so rude to emerson. you all be clowns
- Leithlove: @eeemerrrsonnn seriously leave us alone, we're allowed to look up to them.
- - Eeemerrrsonnn: @leithlove no youre not honey youre a fucking joke i hope you die
- - - Kittycatrem: @eeemerrrsonnn don't fucking dare wish death on anyone. @leithlove check your dms, angel, I'll send you some merch from me and Andy x

Kittycatrem: What the actual hell is happening in the council??? You're all attacking people who support me and Sebastian and Andy now, huh? Wow, real edgy of you. And where have you gotten the idea that we're all bad people? That livestream? Imagine being so immature that you can't just accept that some things aren't for you to nosey around in. Go do something productive and stop bullying. And @EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS ME AND ANDY I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE THE DAMN BEST!!!!

Hannahotty: wow it's so obvious that Remington just can't accept when not everyone in the world wants to suck his dick. At least Holly made sure he knew that he's not perfect, too bad Andy spends his life satisfying remington's every fucking need.

"Well, that went well," Remington mumbles to himself, "at least Holly made sure he knew that he's not perfect." He puts his head in his hands. "Yeah right, as if I ever think I'm perfect." He pulls the covers over his head and doesn't move until Abigail arrives.

"Bad day?" She asks, sitting down. All she gets in response is his phone held towards her. "Intense fanbase, huh? How'd all this start?"

"Read the one about Holly," Remington says.

"I have. Tell me how this started."

"We went live yesterday and Emerson said something and Andy and Sebastian started getting angry so we ended the live and not people wanna know what Emerson said and they all think Andy and Sebastian are bad people now."

"Okay. What did Emerson say?"

Remington pulls the cover back over his head.

"Something upsetting? Does it hurt to think about?"

The boy just groans at the aching in his stomach.

Abigail puts the phone on the side. "It's important we talk about it," she says softly, not able to red his expression because he's completely out of sight under the covers.

Remington rubs his stomach. "Fuck," he whispers, "oh fuck."

"You okay?"

Quickly, Remington sits up, paler than pale, and darts into the bathroom.

Abigail goes to find his doctor, explaining what happened, and Dr Halls comes to check Remington, who's still pale and sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands.

"I don't wanna talk about it," he mumbles.

"It's okay, Remington, it's very normal for malnourished bodies to do that. Like I said earlier, your digestive system is having a hard time digesting more than it's used to. It just got overwhelmed today. It's nothing to be ashamed off."

The boy falls onto his back. "It's not gonna happen again, is it?"

"Most likely not, but just be aware that it might. How d'you feel now? Is your stomach still hurting?"

Remington shakes his head.

"Okay, good. For the record, I've never had a patient manage to stay so clean when that happens. I'm impressed."

"Yeah, well...I'm used to running to the bathroom to be sick. It's hardly any different."