★✿01✿★

֎֎★✿★֎֎

You're finally moving. You're leaving your past behind to go to a new place. A new place away from the people who hurt you both mentally and physically within the last year. The only thing that's kept you going has been your mother, father, and your soulmate's sweet voice when he sings.

Everyone has a soulmate whose voice you can hear each time they sing and sometimes you're able to hear their hums.

Although you have a soulmate, you've dated before. It's been some of the biggest regrets in your lifetime. Each one's cheated on you, breaking your heart each time. The last time was the worst. You lost a friend and a boyfriend, both of who you loved and cared for.

Around that time your mom got a business deal, so you have to move. She didn't know about anything that had happened to you, so she thought you would be sad about it. When she told you about moving she was surprised to know you were happy with the idea.

A week after you were told you moved to a new town without telling anyone you used to know. You put the last of your boxes in the car before getting into the backseat. You put your earbuds in your ear and play some music through your phone as you wait for your mom and dad to come out of the house.

Just as you're about to start the music, you hear the sweet sound of your soulmate's voice. It's always been something that relaxes you. You used to tune it out when you had gotten a boyfriend due to the guilt of feeling like you were cheating. But anytime that you were hurt the voice helped you through your darkest times.

You used to sing all the time but quit after over-hearing things from people you loved and trusted most in your life. There are times you'll catch yourself singing small parts of a song and humming to the beat of the music. Each time you do, you quit immediately as your insecurities start eating you up inside.

Sometimes you wonder if your soulmate ever gets annoyed that you stopped singing or if he likes the fact that you quit. One day you hope to have the possibility of finding him. The possibility of having his soothing voice there right in front of you.

Some people say that everyone meets their soulmate one day, but you won't realize it. You'll just pass by without any knowledge of one another.

For other people, it's easy to find their soulmate. They could be a popular musician whose music you've heard and you recognize the voice. Other times it'll be someone you've grown up with and they will be easy for you to find.

There's once in a while where their soulmate will be abusive. Those are cases that people consider bad luck, but they eventually move on. They'll find someone else who hasn't found their soulmate or doesn't care to find their soulmate and find love that way,

Once your soulmate dies, there will be no other soulmate for you. You will have the choice of either loneliness or loving another. It depends on who it is and what they choose to do with life.

You've decided not to look for your soulmate. Yes, you would love to find the guy with the soft, soothing voice that makes you feel better, but you would also like to fall in love with someone without feeling like you have to love them. Just because you are 'meant to be' doesn't mean you have to be with each other.

It's the way you've always thought about it, which is why you've dated. In the end, you've given up on dating since everyone decides to hurt you. They take your heart and trash it. Each time making it hurt less and less, except for this last time. If only it wasn't with the one person you had trusted most would it have not hurt as much, but that was your sad reality.

You looked out the window as you waited for your parents, just listening to your soulmate's soothing voice. At one point he started singing your song. When you were younger you would always sing a song to him and he'd sing it back to you, it was like a game. You realize you haven't sung the song in forever as you listen to him.

As he gets to the final line of the song, you decide to sing it to let him know you heard him. You sing, 

"Just the way you are

Yeah."

You smile to yourself as you think about the fact that you have a song with your soulmate. Even though you don't sing anymore, that's the only time you will. Just to let him know your listening or that you're at least still alive.

When you were six years old you sang a song called 'Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars' and your soulmate sang it with you. After that, you either sang it together or you'd take turns singing it once in a while like a game. Each time you dated you stopped singing it back even though when you sang it first, he'd always sing it back. Sometimes you wonder if all soulmates do this or if it's just you.

You snap out of your thoughts as your mom and dad get into the car. They smile at you before starting the car and leaving. Most of the way, you listen to the sound of your soulmate singing different songs. Sometimes his voice will crack and you'll laugh, but he'd redo the note a few times until he sings it without the voice crack. Other times he will give up in the middle of a song.

You just sit in the car and listen, loving everything you hear. Even though you don't want to force love on your soulmate or purposely look for each other, he still comforts you in a way. Eventually, as you're listening to his voice, you fall asleep to the sound of his voice as you sit in the back of the car.

֎֎★✿★֎֎

When you wake up your mom is parking in a driveway beside a two-story house. You wipe your eyes as you look out the window at the house. It's a brick house with a garden in the backyard and a porch on both the front and back.

You wrap your earbuds around your phone and set it in your coat pocket. You get out of the car and follow your parents into your new home. You walk inside and the walls are all completely white. You decide to explore the house a little bit before going back outside and bringing your stuff inside.

First, you explore the downstairs. You find the kitchen, the living room, the dining room, a bathroom, and a bedroom. After exploring downstairs you go upstairs. The stairs are a bit slippery as you walk up them, almost causing you to fall. You wander around upstairs and see three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an extra empty room.

Most of your furniture was already brought to the house by the movers and placed into rooms. Since those things were already in rooms, you only had boxes that were set in the hallway and things you brought with you in the car to unpack. As you finished looking around you went downstairs to find your mom and dad sitting on the couch.

You then go to the car and get the rest of your things before asking which room is yours and taking your stuff into it. You set your boxes down on the desk in the room and jump onto your bed. You let out a big sigh before getting back up and getting your charger out of your bag. You plug your phone in and find some clothes to change into before going downstairs and saying goodnight to your parents.

You go back upstairs and curl up into a ball under your blankets. As you're falling asleep you hear the sound of your soulmate singing once again, his soothing voice lulling you to sleep.

֎֎★✿★֎֎

I hope you enjoyed the chapter

Any Thoughts?

~Aizaten֎֎֎