HALLOWEEN

josephine lupin-black

I awoke the next morning and glanced around the room. All around me were quidditch posters pinned to the wall, boxes filled with Weasley Wizard Wheezes products. I attempted to sit up, but something was holding me down. I rolled over to see Fred laying next to me sleeping peacefully, his arm wrapped around my waist.

My hands quickly moved down and pulled the covers up, my eyes looked down; tights on, underwear on, and crew neck on, but no dress. We can work with that.

I glanced back over at Fred. He was fully clothed, I could tell, as my leg was rubbing against his pajama pants. My eyes wondered to his face. It was peaceful, his chest heaving in and out with every breath.

That's when I remembered the events of the previous night—the dancing, the spiked punch, Fred carrying me to his dorm, even me telling him I loved him before falling asleep.

I shook my head. "Merlin, what have I done?" I asked myself in a whisper.

We laid like that for a while until he finally woke up.

"Good morning," he murmured and rolled over. "How's your head?" His morning voice was deep, and raspy, but adorable.

"It's definitely been better."

He laughed and sat up. "You could've woke me up if you wanted to go to your dorm."

"Oh no, it's okay." I stood up and looked down at the floor. "Did I, uh...did I change?"

He shook his head. "I helped you, but if it makes you feel better I closed my eyes."

I nodded awkwardly. "Oh okay-"

He stood there looking at me for a moment before breaking the silence. "Do you uh..." he cleared his throat, "...do you want some pants?"

"Oh, uh, yeah...yeah, that'd be great."

He reached down into his trunk and pulled out an extra pair of pajama pants. Red plaid. He handed them to me and turned around, heading to the restroom.

Quickly, I pulled off my tights and replaced them with the pajama pants he had given me.

"Alright well...I'm going to go to my dorm-" I stated aloud, him still in the bathroom.

The shower turned on. "Okay!" he yelled, his voice echoing off the bathroom wall.

I stood there for a moment before walking out and shutting the door. I leaned up against the door, thinking to myself.

I turned around and swung open the door, barging into the room. Fred stood in the doorway of the bathroom. I walked up to him and grabbed his face and kissed him. His hand moved up to my cheek, deepening the kiss for just a moment before pulling away.

"You have no clue how long I've been wanting for you to do that," Fred smirked.

I smacked him on the arm playfully. "Oh shut it."

He smiled. "Alright, well seriously I need to shower. And I'm sure the girls are worried sick about wherever you went."

I nodded. "Fine, I'm leaving," I rolled my eyes jokingly. "See you later? Three Broomsticks?"

"I like how you think," he said, kissing me on the forehead.

I turned around and walked out of the room as he headed to take a shower. I walked down the steps of the boys dorms and rounded the corner, walking face first into Ron.

"Sorry, Ron," I said, stumbling backwards.

He looked at me confused. "What are you in the boys dorms for-?"