QUEEN

josephine lupin-black

Fred and I laughed with George as we headed down the stairs of the burrow.

"Good morning, dear!" Molly exclaimed. "Would you like some breakfast?"

I nodded my head and sat down. "Oh yes, thank you."

Fred took his seat next to me. "Mum, have you seen Joey's ring?"

Molly turned around, about dropping her pan. "Ring?!"

I laughed as she hurried over to me, snatching up my hand and looking down at my ring.

"Oh my! It's gorgeous!" she smiled. "Why, Fred, I never knew you had proposed to her. When did you do it?"

George laughed and took a bite of his bacon as I blushed.

"It's a promise ring, mum," Fred smiled. "I haven't proposed....yet."

I giggled and hit his arm playfully. "He gave it to me on Valentine's day, and I gave him some more muggle movies and music for us to listen to. I think you'd enjoy some of them. Maybe we could watch one tonight?"

"That sounds wonderful!" she smiled. "Which one do you think we'll watch?"

"I think you would love Sixteen Candles, actually," I stated as she scooped eggs onto my plate. "It's a romantic comedy from the 80's."

"That sounds just lovely."

Ron and Hermione pattered down the stairs soon after, and Ginny waddled in from the living room, rubbing her eyes.

"Merlin, that couch is bloody uncomfortable," Ginny scowled, sitting down across from me and rubbing her back. "Anyways, what are we doing today?"

I took a bite of my pancakes. "Well, I'm going to help these two-" I paused, pointing at the twins on either side of me, "-set up some more stuff at the joke shop in Diagon Alley."

Hermione nodded her head sweetly. "Ron and I are going to check on the flowers we planted last summer."

Arthur walked in and kissed Molly on the cheek. "Just got an owl from Remus," he smiled. "He and Tonks will be here later."

I nodded. It had been a month since Sirius had died, and Remus and Tonks were rather close. I was happy for him, really, but I'm worried about Tonks, for dad might just be using her as a distraction from Sirius.

"I got a letter from Harry last night," Ron announced, pulling the small letter out of his jacket. "It's for you, actually, Joey."

I leaned forward and grabbed it, tearing the wax seal off.

Joey,

I'm sorry I've left everyone worried since I haven't wrote. I'm doing well, so no need to worry anymore. How is Remus? How are you? I swear it feels like Sirius is haunting me. I'll sit something down, then turn around to grab something else, and when I go to grab for it it's gone! Anyways, I just wanted to give you an update. Uncle Vernon is walking up the stairs now, so I'm afraid I have to go.

With love, Harry.

I looked up at the Weasley's concerned eyes.

"Harry is doing well, and sends his love," I smiled. "He wanted to know if we were doing well, and how Remus was since the...incident."

Fred squeezed my thigh reassuringly.

After we had finished eating, Fred, George, and I walked out of the Burrow and into the bright light of the sun.