EVERYTHING I DO, I DO IT FOR YOU

fred weasley

I walked down the stairs after George and walked over next to Joey. She leaned her head over on my shoulder as I wrapped my arm around her.

"What did you need to talk to George about?" she asked me.

"I was just proposing a new product for the shop to him," I stated, Remus explaining to Bill about everything that happened at the ministry. "He didn't like it."

She laughed and snuggled her head deeper into my shoulder, closing her eyes.

"I need to go shower," she whispered.

"Well go shower," I smiled. "I have a whole day planned for us tomorrow."

She perked her head up and looked at me with wide eyes. "Really?! We don't have to go work at the shop?"

I shook my head and smiled at her reaction.

"Where are we going?" she asked. "What do I need to wear?"

I laughed and kissed her on the forehead. "It's a surprise, and you can wear whatever you want, I don't mind."

Her lips curled into a smirk. "I know just what I'm going to wear. Now, I'm going to go shower." She stood up and began walking up the stairs. "Goodnight everyone!"

They all yelled back different forms of "goodnight" to her as I looked over at my dad who was staining at me, along with Lupin.

"What?!" I asked them.

They raised their eyebrows at me. "What are you planning?"

I looked over and saw that Fleur and all the girls were in the kitchen, leaving only George, Remus, Bill, dad, and I in the living room.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to propose tomorrow."

Remus widened his eyes at me. "Really?"

I nodded my head. "As long as that's alright with you I mean-"

He let out a thick laugh. "Oh please, I've never seen her happier than when she's with you."

Dad looked over at me. "I'm proud of you, son."

I glanced over at Bill. "You're really going to propose?" he asked.

"Of course I am, I love her," I smiled. "Why wouldn't I-?"

"Well it's just you have had Angelina in the past and Katie Bell and I figured she was just another temporary fix-"

My cheeks grew hot as I glared at him. "She isn't just some 'temporary fix,' Bill. She's the love of my life, as cheesy as it sounds. And listen, I'm sure you're probably angry off the fact that you're older but I'm happier and am going to marry the girl that I love before you do."

Bill stood up. "Are you kidding me? I'm in love with Fleur. That's why I brought her home with me!"

I stood up, as well. "And why do you think I brought Joey home?!"

"I just don't see the appeal!" Bill finally spat at me.

Remus stood up and stared at him, furry in his eyes. "That is my daughter you're talking about there, Bill. And she is bloody brilliant!"

My eyes narrowed, my voice growing softer. "You don't see me talking about Fleur, do you? I wouldn't ever have said anything like that to you about her, because I know you love her. And personally, it doesn't matter how much you dislike Joey, I would never leave her just to please you."

Dad rose up and placed his hand on Bill's shoulder. "Go to bed, Bill, and calm yourself down."

Bill stormed out of the room and I sat back down, running my hand through my hair and letting out a sigh.