THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG YEAR

josephine lupin-black

The next morning I stood on the platform with the twins and the rest of the Weasley family.

"Baby, the train leaves in two minutes, Ive got to go," I laughed as Fred continued to hug me.

"I know but I'll miss you," he pouted as he let go of me.

I smiled. "I'll see you soon, because of Quidditch games, and of course I'll write to you."

George laughed and hugged me as well. "Stay safe," he whispered to me before he let go of me and ruffled my hair.

I huffed and began fixing my hair as we piled onto the train. I took my seat in a compartment with Ron, Hermione, Harry, and Ginny.

The shadow of Dean walked past our door, and then appeared again.

"There you are, Ginny!" he smiled as he opened the door. "Want to come sit with me and Seamus?"

She nodded her head and stood out, walking carefully out the door. I looked at Harry, his eyes narrowed in disgust.

"You alright, Harry?" I asked him, snapping him out of his thoughts.

He nodded his head furiously and looked back at me, his face red. "Yeah, I-I'm brilliant."

Hermione smirked and nodded. "Right..."

We sat in silence for a while before Harry decided he needed some fresh air.

"So, how are you and Fred?" Hermione asked me.

I laughed. "We're doing fantastic, actually. I think we'll get a house sometime soon, most likely, since I will graduate this year."

Ron smiled over at me and nudged me with his arm. "He's bloody head-over-heels for you. I've never seen him worry about someone or care for someone so much."

I smiled. "Well, he's going to officially be stuck with me forever at Christmas."

We arrived at Hogwarts and I took my seat at the Gryffindor table next to the Weasley's, Neville, Hermione, Dean, and Seamus; Harry nowhere to be seen.

Hermione glared at Ron, who was stuffing his face with food.

"Will-" a slap with her book, "-you-" another slap, "-stop-" yet another slap, "-EATING!" she screeched. "Your best friend is missing!"

He turned his head to look at her, and narrowed his eyes at her.

"Oi, turn around you lunatic."

I looked over at the doors and in walked Harry and Luna, a bloody towel pressed to Harry's nose.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at the sight. "Why is it he's always covered in blood?"

Harry plopped down next to me as Luna scurried off to the Ravenclaw table. "Ha ha very funny," he said sarcastically. "Malfoy happened. I-" he lowered his voice, "-I think he's a Death Eater."

I looked at him with a side eye, a small frown on my face. "Oh please, do you think that coward would work for Voldemort. Maybe his mother and father, yes, but I don't think he is."

Hermione nodded in agreement. "Joey's right, Harry, I don't think Malfoy would ever be a Death Eater...at least not by his choice."

My eyes wondered across the room to where Draco sat, his eyes droopy and sad, a pout on his face as he rested his chin in his palm. I blinked and looked back down at my plate and pushed my vegetables around.

"You know, I think I might head on to the commons early," I said after a moment of silence. "Anyone care to join?"

Ron nodded. "I'll join you. Harry woke me up at dawn, practically."