JOSEPHINE ERUDITE WEASLEY

josephine lupin-black

It was finally time, the day of the wedding. I fiddled with my thumbs as I sat on the edge of Ginny's bed, Hermione, Luna, and Ginny bustling about getting ready. They curled their hair, fixed their makeup, and pulled on their dark red satin bridesmaid dresses. Luna ended up being chosen as the maid of honor, after we came to the conclusion she would be mine, I'd be Hermione's, Hermione would be Ginny's, and Ginny would be Luna's.

"Are you nervous?" Hermione asked me as she carefully pulled my hair back into an updo, my dress still being steamed by Mrs. Weasley.

I scoffed. "No I'm fantastic, just grand," I said sarcastically.

Ginny turned to look at me. "You have no need to be nervous, it's just us Weasley's here, and the Order."

I nodded and continued to shake my knee up and down, still fidgeting my thumbs. There was a knock at the door, and Luna opened it to reveal Mrs. Weasley standing with my dress draped over her arm.

"Now, it snowed last night, and it's rather cold outside, so I managed to whip you up some matching sweaters to wear at least until the wedding begins."

I smiled and hugged her. "Thank you, so much."

She smiled. "Of course, darling, it's my pleasure. Fleur and Bill have just arrived...and they gave a-a well surprise."

We excused ourselves from the room, and walked down the steps as I pulled on my robe over the top of my pajamas.

When we reached the bottom I saw Charlie standing in the living room, giving quizzical looks at his older brother, a small bundle in his arms.

"She 'vas a surprise, to say 'ze least," Fleur spoke, her accent heavy, her arm interlaced in the crook of Bill's elbow.

I looked over to my left, where Ron stood holding back laughs, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley still in shock.

"Well hello there, girls," Bill smiled at us. "Say 'hi' to Miracle."

The girls and I stood dumbfounded, as we were confronted with Charlie holding a baby in his arms, that couldn't be more than a few weeks old. He handed her to Ginny, the two of them in shock but smiling nonetheless.

"She...she's gorgeous," I smiled at Bill and Fleur, the couple bright eyed and happy.

Ginny offered her over to me, and I took her. Her eyes were blue, like Fleur's. She had Bill's smile, but Fleur's pointed and proud nose.

After the morning excitement, Fleur excused herself to take Miracle upstairs, and Bill escorted himself out with Charlie, Ron, and Harry to go join the twins, Arthur, and Draco at the old sunflower field, taking the non-scenic route that left the house still visible in the background.

Upstairs, the girls and I added our finishing touches before I put on my dress. It fit me perfectly, and looked absolutely stunning. And though I tried my best not to, I did what every girl did on their wedding day and cried.

When I walked down the steps where Fleur stood with Molly and Miracle, Molly holding the baby snug in her arms, they looked up at me the second I entered. The two had looks of astonishment on their faces, the both of them tearing up at the sight.

"My, you look gorgeous!" Molly exclaimed as she ran her thumb over my cheek.

"Your dress 'iz very beautiful," Fleur complimented with a smile. "'Ze dress brings out 'ze green in your eyes."

I smiled at her happily. "Thank you both, so much."

We gathered up our things as Mrs. Weasley and Fleur headed up the steps to change into their dresses, Hermione now holding Miracle.