THE VEIL

josephine lupin-black

"Oh please," I said laughing. "You two are awful."

Hermione rolled her eyes playfully. "You and Fred are too cute, okay?! I mean, your ring is just so pretty."

"'Mione, he gave it to me back in February," I laughed. "It's June 18th!"

She shrugged as we walked around the corner and into the corridor leading to the Room of Requirement.

"I don't care," she stated, pacing back and forth three times, causing the door to appear. "You two are soulmates. Besides, you did help them destroy the OWL exams."

I laughed as we walked into the Room of Requirement.

"THERE THEY ARE!" the voice of he himself, Draco Malfoy, yelled.

Crabbe grabbed my arms and pulled me back, Goyle doing the same to Hermione.

We were taken to Umbridge's office, along with Harry, Ron, Luna, Ginny, and Neville. Umbridge sat at her desk, her annoying smile on her face.

"You," she smirked, "have done terrible damage, going against the Ministry, and MY decrees."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You taught us nothing!"

Crabbe pressed his tip of his wand into my throat, making me wince.

"Potter, take a seat."

Draco threw Harry into the chair, making it almost tip backwards. Draco then walked over to me, grabbing my arms and pulling them so far back you'd think my shoulders would've popped out of place.

He grunted. "You and your filthy dads can rot in hell for all I care."

I struggled in his grip. "Don't talk about my dads, you disgusting slimy snake," I hissed.

Umbridge leaned over in front of Harry. "Are you working for Dumbledore?!" she questioned.

"Wh- No," Harry said confused.

"THEN WHY DOES IT SAY DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY?!??"

Harry stayed dead silent, and she smacked him across the face, causing all of us to struggle in our grips to get to him.

"Well, I reckon if you won't tell me-" Umbridge said, walking around to the other side of her desk to get her wand,"-the cruciatus curse would set you straight."

"YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" I screamed, along with Neville, Hermione, Ginny, and Ron.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him," she whispered, flipping his picture over.

I looked over at Hermione, and I could tell the little cog wheels in her brain were turning.

"TELL HER HARRY!" Hermione screeched.

Harry cast her a puzzled look.

"Tell me what?" asked Umbridge.

"W-well if you won't tell her where it's hidden, I guess I will."

"What is IT?!" Umbridge questioned on, now making her way to Hermione.

"Dumbledore's secret weapon."

I glanced over at her, confused. Secret weapon? Where was she getting this from?

The door soon swung open, and there stood Snape. His eyes traveled over to mine, sadly, but he soon looked away and at Umbridge.

"You...called?" he asked in his monotone voice.

"I need more Verritserum," she stated.

Snape stood there, showing no expression, but just a simple quick nod. He began to leave, but
Harry looked up at him.