Side Chapter 2

The man stared at Lucas with an unreadable expression, but Lucas felt it was not something good. Even though fear flowed through him, Lucas put that fear for the man aside, and went over to Plague to see if he was all right.

"Plague?" Lucas ask looking for any injuries.

"I'm fine. Thank you for the save" Plague smiled at the blonde before he turned his attention to his almost killer and shouted, "Who in Notch's name are you!?"

The man said nothing, the frown remain and his eyes held something unreadable as he continues to stare at Lucas. The Steve knows who the is human; in fact, he was a very old foe that had taken someone from him years ago.  When Plague seen Rift looking at Lucas, he knew that Rift knew and the Steve couldn't allow him to take someone precious from him once again. The human would have to fight Plague to his last breath if he wants to take Lucas.

Plague took out his weapon which is a shiny slime ball (enchanted, works like a snowball, and has infinite use) and started to throw it at Rift who dodge it with ease before disappeared from view. Plague pushed Lucas behind to protect him from Rift knowing that the blonde has no fighting chance against him this man, even if both of them are humans.

"Lucas, stay behind me" Plague demanded.

"Plague what is happening? And who was that?" Lucas ask as he stay behind Plague as he was told to do so.

"Rift: an old foe who took someone away from me years ago" 

Lucas only nodded his head before he pulled out an iron sword for defense. Plague knew that would not do much unless it was a clear shot, but it was better than nothing.

The two stood in defense position, waiting for any signs of an attack. It was until Plague took a step forward when Rift made a move. The man punched Plague in the back, knocking the breath out of him, making him to go forward away from Lucas.

"Plague!" Lucas cried out. 

The blue-eyed human was about to ran over to Plague when his path was blocked by Rift. His dark green eyes started into Lucas' light blue ones and the dark feeling surrounding the man made the younger take a step back in fear.

Swallowing his fear and finding the courage, Lucas yelled "Just who are you and what do you what from me?!" 

Rift's facial expression didn't change, he just grabbed one of Lucas' wrist to bring him closer and he wouldn't run away. The blonde shouted for the man to let him go while he struggle in the hold. The black hair man touched Lucas' cheek, making Lucas freeze then whispered something under his breath that couldn't be heard. Lucas winced feeling the sensation of the bandage on his face being took off to reveal the marking underneath it. 

Lucas' breath hitch when Rift traced a finger on the marking, "It's really you, after all this time, I finally found you little one. Lost you years ago, now I have you again."

There was a small smile on his face, "When Cliff finds who he's looking for, we'll be as we were once again" 

Lucas had no idea who this man is or what he wants and is very much afraid to find out. Then he felt it, he felt the panic swell inside of him surfacing and there was no way he could push it down. Before anything else could be done, Rift released the blonde as he was hit by a slime ball with more to follow. Even in a weakened state, Lucas made his way to his savior, stumbling along the way.

The Steve made sure Lucas got safely behind him before turning he focused his attention on Rift. As much as he wants to hurt the older human, Plague has to take care of Lucas who was forcing himself to calm down.

Rift glared at Plague before charging at him while yelling, "Give him back!"

Before he was even in arm lengths of them, a purple light blinded him and once it was gone the two had disappeared. 

Muttering curses under his breath, Rift turned to find Cliff but stopped to see something on the ground and picked it up, "Don't worry little one, things will be back to what they were, I'll keep my promise this time"