The morning after

Gabrielle slowly started to wake up. She was warm and comfortable and she felt safe, so she wondered why she was now waking up. Going back to sleep really seemed like a good option to her. Then she realized that someone was gently stroking her hair. She opened her eyes and noticed that she was laying on Jack's chest. He t-shirt doing little to hide his very well defined chest. He workouts seemed to be having a great effect on him since they had broken up. The last thing she remembered was sitting on the couch with Jack talking. She mentally shrugged and just decided to be happy about the situation. She was about to close her eyes when she heard his soft voice.

"Good morning Gabrielle. How did you sleep?"

"Like a baby Jack. It was the best sleep I have had in a long time."

"I'm glad. It is starting to get a little late though. It's 9:30 already, so we really should get up."

Gabrielle shook her head as she huddled against him in the covers.

"Let just stay here for a while, I'm comfortable."

"I would love to sweetheart but you told me to remind you that we had to go back to your apartment to get everything together this morning."

"Uggg, I forgot about that. Yeah, I guess we have to get up then."

"If you let me up I will go make you some tea"

"I guess that's OK then."

Gabrielle lifted her head and gave Jack a quick kiss and then lowered herself onto the pillows. Jack smiled and proceeded to get up and head out to the kitchen. She could hear him puttering around in the kitchen as she stretched and forced herself to wake up. She felt good today. She wasn't lying to Jack when she said it was the best sleep she had in a long time. She felt refreshed and ready to face the day.

Gabrielle laid there thinking for a minute. She really did feel different today. For the first time in a while she was excited for the day. She felt excited for the future. That was something that was missing for a while. Gabrielle didn't even realize it until she felt it again. For to long it was a drag to get up because everyday was just going to be the same. She never felt like she had something tangible to look forward to other then one more day of school closer to her dream. The school days just seemed to go on and on. She still wanted to be a doctor and was driving herself to do it, but everything else just seemed like a waste for a long time now. She never realized how much she lost in the last year until now.

Jack came back in and Gabrielle could see the steam coming from the tea as he brought it around the bed to her. She sat up and took the cup and enjoyed the first sip. It was a nice green tea, one of her favorites. She watched as Jack sipped his coffee while walking around his room gathering clothes for the day.

"Gabrielle, do you mind if I use the bathroom first? I want to take a quick shower."

"Sure Jack, that's fine. I can go in after."

"OK, sweetheart, I will be right back."

...

It was only about fifteen minutes later when Jack exited the Bathroom clean and dressed for the day. Gabrielle was finishing her tea and ready to get out of bed.

"OK, I am out of your way. The bathroom is all yours."

"Thanks Jack, I will try to be quick."

"Take your time Gabrielle. I can wait."

Gabrielle got up and Jack came over to take the empty cup from her and she couldn't resist leaning up to give Jack a small kiss. He had other ideas and didn't let her pull back. He deepened the kiss while his hand slowly caressed her neck and cheek. Soon Gabrielle was lost in the feelings he had reawaken in her and stopped thinking coherently. All she could do was fall into the passion he was building in her.  After a couple of minutes he ended the kiss and pulled back. Gabrielle was left panting.