Morning interruptions

The next day Gabrielle woke up and noticed that Jack was not in the bed. She rolled over and looked at the clock and saw it was 6:30 in the morning. She had no idea where he was so early in the morning.

"Jack?"

There was no answer so Gabrielle made herself get up. She checked the bathroom and the balcony and he was no where to be seen. She looked in the out cove and noticed that Jack's sneakers were missing. Now she was wondering where he had gone so early. She decided she was going to call him  but then found the note that was under her phone.

'Ran out to get real coffee with Olyvia. Be back in a bit. Will bring tea.'

That solved the mystery of where Jack was. Now the question was why. For a second she had a thought that maybe Jack had lied and gone to see... Gabrielle decided she was not going to go there. That was insecure Gabrielle over thinking again. She trusted Jack. She laid back down and started checking her DMs.

It was fifteen minutes later when she heard the door open and saw Jack come in. He put the Starbucks down on the table and came over to give Gabrielle a kiss. She smiled up at him and when he leaned down she she surprised him by reaching out and pulled him down to her.

She brought her lips to his and immediately deepened the kiss. Their tongues fought for dominance as she pulled him closer to her. She moaned when she felt his hand gently reach up and rub her neck as he surrendered himself to the feelings of their embrace. When the need to breathe became an issue Gabrielle leaned back.

"Good morning. I missed you."

"Good morning sweetheart. Sorry about that. Olyvia needed to talk and you were too cute to wake up and let you know I was running out. She was up most of the night with Jaycee and she needed to vent."

"To you Jack?"

"Gabrielle, I am the only one here and I am her brother. Don't worry. She's still not mad at us, she's just upset at the situation. She just needed to express her frustration to someone."

"What about Jaycee?"

"I guess she fell asleep a couple of hours ago. Jaycee did tell Olyvia that she would not make a scene at the opening today, but they won't be hanging out with us today. Jaycee really doesn't want to be around us and Olyvia is going to be with her all day. Olyvia said that they will meet up with us in the lobby at 4 when we have to head over."

"OK... Honestly that is probably for the best. I can't say I was looking forward to having her around today. The things she said... What she implied..."

"Was wrong and stupid and crap said out of anger and hurt."

"I know that Jack, but it still hurt. I can't help wondering..."

"Gabrielle stop. Don't even think about going there. Look sweetheart, would you agree that I know you better then anyone else?"

"Of course Jack."

"Then answer me this. If you were any of those things, would I be here with you? Would you be my fiancé? Would I be counting the days until you are my wife?"

"No?"

"Of course not. You know I am a pretty good judge of people sweetheart and I know Gabrielle. She is cute, and beautiful, and smart, and caring, and determined, and funny, and sweet, and loving. She is closer to my idea of perfection then anyone I have ever met. She is the love of my life. She is simply amazing and I am so lucky that she choose me. I won't let anyone talk or even think about my Gabrielle that way around me, not even herself. Everyone that knows her knows I am right."