Go west

The next day was filled with finishing the move and starting to unpack. Gabrielle seemed driven to get it done. When Jack finally decided to ask her about it he was surprised at the answer.

"Gabrielle, why are you pushing so hard to get everything done so fast. We have plenty of time."

"I don't know Jack. I just want us to be living here together. There is something about us officially living in 'our apartment' that just makes me happy. I am sorry if it's..."

Jack pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead.

"That's fine sweetheart. I feel the same way. Just don't push yourself to hard. We are here from now on. We have time to unpack everything. Don't drive yourself crazy, OK?"

Gabrielle smiled up at Jack

"I promise I won't Jack. I am just so happy we are here now. I can't help it."

"Alright Gabrielle, just remember we have tomorrow and the next day and the next day..."

Gabrielle squeezed Jack and she noticed he grunted a little.

"Jack, what was that?"

"Nothing Gabrielle."

"That wasn't nothing. I knew you pushed yourself to hard carrying out that mattress and box spring with your father. You should have waited for..."

"It's fine Gabrielle. It's just a little tender. It's almost gone. It just twinges every once in a while now."

"Well, just be careful."

"Speaking of next days, don't forget we are flying to LA tomorrow night. We are on the same flight as Madalyn and my sister."

"I know... will... will Jaycee be coming?"

"I didn't ask sweetheart. If she is we will deal with it."

The continued unpacking through out the rest of the afternoon and evening as the new furniture was delivered and their new apartment started to become their home.

...

That night they laid down in the bed after the long day unpacking and setting up their new place.

"Jack, we really are here aren't we? We are together, we are engaged, we are living together in our apartment. We really have made it here, right? This isn't a dream I am going to wake up from tomorrow?"

Jack chuckled and kissed Gabrielle on her forehead.

"Yes sweetheart, we really are here. This might be a dream we always had, but it's not one your going to wake up from tomorrow. Tomorrow we get to keep living it."

"I love you Jack."

"I love you Gabrielle."

...

The next morning they woke up for the first time in their apartment. They had frequently waken up together in Jack apartment over the years, but this felt different. Jack woke up first and slipped out of the bed to relieve himself. When he laid back in bed Gabrielle made a cute little sound and moved herself back into his side. He thought she was still asleep before he heard her mumbled words.

"Morning Jack."

Jack leaned down and kissed Gabrielle while he replied.

"Morning love."

"What time is it?"

"It's only 7."

"Hmmm. Do we have anything to eat for breakfast?"