chapter one

"Bloody hell, Black! I already told you that this is my field today!" Fred yelled at the female who laughed teasingly on her broom a few feet away from him

"Calm down, Weasley—The field is enough for the huge lot of us" Nimah waved her hand nonchalantly," Besides, it's nice to have a friendly match once and a while"

"Not a chance" Fred rejected immediately," I prefer not having my practices with one of my teammates injured"

When the two captains started to fight—the members just shared looks with each other and gave each the same look of 'And here we go'

The arguing, however, was the same and it would turn to the Slytherin and Gryffindor's into having matches during the practice. Though, regardless of the Captains not getting along the actual matches were the most exciting for the students that came to watch.

People enjoyed the way the Black and Weasley perfected into being the roles they had. The competitiveness was not antagonistic in the slightest—in fact, people often enjoyed referring to their rivalry as a match made in heaven.

The thing was, that unrelatedly to their bickering, the two were amazing Captains. While at first, the teams worried about it—they saw the strong motivation grow in each of them.

It was probably why the two were undefeated by the other houses except themselves—Each of them defeated the other only to keep it at a tie.

However, their last game together had ended in a draw due to the prolonging of the game. Though if the game was not a school match, then it wouldn't be an issue, but since education was evidently the first priority, Headmistress McGonagall had no choice but to allow Coach Hooch to issue an end to it.

The morning practice eventually ended and the teams had a friendly match without any injuries "Good match, Black" Fred tried to say with coolness—but his face showed otherwise.

"Say that when you actually win, Weasley" Nimah crossed her arms saying with a smirk

Fred huffed and rolled his eyes at the Slytherin.

The two had a rivalry that started way before Hogwarts and as they both gained the title as Captains, it only sparked competitiveness between the pair even more than possible.

It was interesting to say the least, that the rivalry started over the sport itself when they were younger and competing during a family gathering.

In all honestly, it might have been James who accidentally started it in the first place—but neither came to blame him, because regardless of the rivalry, they deniably enjoyed it, nonetheless.

"So, Cap—When is the wedding?" One of her teammates joked lightly making her narrow her gaze.

"Fawley, don't let me make you do the cleaning yourself next time"

The male laughed and bowed in apology—though, despite his comment, he knew she really wasn't going to punish him.

Many of the team members between both teams did it often to their Captain's that it was almost normal.