chapter eleven

Nimah was confused in many ways one can truly define the situation as

Nimah was confused in many ways one can truly define the situation as. After her near break-down in front of many of the students—to be carried away by none other than Fred—she was not sure if it was a dream or something.

When the Weasley carried her away, she expected a conversation to happen—However, she was left unconcluded as he brought her to the dungeons near the entrance of her common room.

As she tried to call for him, she was disrupted by some of her old team-members. For a moment, she saw Fred also wanting to say something—though, with the interruption, he just left without anything said.

She would have chosen to run after him, but in the shape of her current state, she was not even sure what to say.

So, she decided to wait until the next day.

The next day—which ended up prolonging to weeks.

The leading factor to this situation, was because Fred avoided her. He was ashamed of doing so, but he was unsure of what to say. When he encountered her, he was blinded by his own emotions, that nearly led to him causing her to breakdown.

He felt angry with himself for neglecting the state of vulnerability she was still facing. He wanted to respect her decision to coping the way she did, but he's known Nimah for a long time.

He knew her.

He knew that she was holding it all back, he knew she was forcing herself to be okay. He knew that Nimah Black was not okay and if he had to be the bad guy in the situation, he was willing to do it, because he cared for her profoundly more than he can truthfully describe.

However, he was also battling the other part of his mind on trusting that she will be okay.

Was he to remain the oblivious fool? Or Was he going to be the bad guy?

It was a lot for him to consider.

"First the Wittle Black, and now the Wittle Weasley?" The mocking high-pitched voice of Peeves filled his ears though Fred was unable to hear his mumbles of annoyance.

"Peeves," Fred said unamused at the poltergeist," How may I help you today?"

"You can bloody help me by stop being boring! It was fun when the two of ya' weren't so uptight and edgy. No one does pranks as well as the lot of ya"

"You said Black as well? Peeves did you perhaps say something that led her to prank?" He asked and the poltergeist snickered.

Fred just sighed knowing that he couldn't pull the accusing towards the mischievous geezer, so he just amused the poltergeist with a little fib on saying he's already planning on it.

With Peeves satisfied he just stood in place before finally deciding that it was time for him to get over his nerves and speak with Nimah properly.

It was better sooner than later—when things could turn for the worse.