chapter six

Scorpius Malfoy had not realized that his life without Naya was unimaginably painful to a fault

When she suddenly disappeared—it was only then did he realizes how much she was his strength. However, while that was the case he slowly came to understand that he has taken a lot from her without being aware.

Naya stood next to him through the hardest times. She was there when he lost his mother, she was there when he was bullied, she was there when his sister transferred schools.

She was always there and he tried to think what did he do for her in return?

When he asked that question, he realized that everything about their friendship was one-sided—or to him at least it was.

He kept talking and taking from her.

"If she heard me say that, she'd roll her eyes and scold me" He mumbled to himself and as he said those words—he realized that everything always led to him thinking of Naya.

The strong selfless Naya, that kept him grounded through the challenging times was no longer beside him.

After graduation, he had free will to go and search for her, However, his common sense delayed him to consider the situation.

The thought of her running away was not what he even believed. It was him rationalizing that for once, she was doing something she wanted.

If Naya wanted to leave without notice—He'll try his hardest to respect it, because for him this was all he could do—or what he thinks he has to do.

It was all heavily mistaken on both parts.

As much as either of them thought was for the 'best' both lacked to see that it was only causing a drift that would grow and possibly get lost in oblivion.

It faintly might just be the naive part of both of them.

Just as Scorpius had relied on Naya—she had done the same. He was the sole reason she was bold, stubborn and strong.

The very traits she never understood before and after she was adopted by her fathers at the age of 8.

It was fate to each of them as they literally stumbled upon each other in Diagon Alley. It was fate as they became best mates to becoming the strength both lacked.

For Naya, growing up in a facility with children who lost their families in the dark times when the wizarding world was nearly overruled by the Dark Lord, had its many flaws.

The adults in care had no time to teach them right from wrong since everyone was still trying to get their lives back together.

The wizarding world was still not completely healed and frankly, it might never be with all the lives lost, but life still goes on and that was the inkling of hope they hung on.

Without needing to say anything more—the two were each other's proper stability that intensified when by each other's side.