chapter thirteen

The Malfoy's had all one thing in common

The Malfoy's had all one thing in common. From father to his two children—they each had the difficulty in undertaking anything that negotiated with muggles.

While Nova and Scorpius were both not raised to be prejudiced like their father—the pair still had been setback from attempting on exploring the world out of magic.

However, it was not uncommon at all for pureblood witches and wizards. Except maybe for the Potter-Weasley families, but other than that, some still have at least explored the world out of it.

It was this minor setback for the Malfoy that Naya was able to reach him at the airport.

She almost wanted to seriously ask why he chose the non-magical route, but she held her tongue from actually saying it.

When she saw him, she had no idea how much she was holding back. It was not a yearning just for love, it was a yearning for the friend she always thought would be in her future.

It was really a right mess with how much her life changed over Scorpius hearing how she felt about him.

While it would be said for others, Naya herself did not make that situation the one that caused a drift within their relationship.

She knew it was her own doing the moment she chose to not attend graduation. She knew it was her fault and she felt it was her responsibility to repair it.

So, it was how she came through.

The first words she said to Scorpius upon stopping him at the airport was "I'm Sorry"

Obviously, those words had only confused Scorpius because, on his side of things, he thought it was his fault—however, unlike Naya he thought things were unfixable.

However, Naya had done what he couldn't do himself and it was the courage to undo what has been done.

For the Malfoy, he was beyond his own words as he laid his eyes on Naya. When she stood before him, all of the emotions he had hidden showed.

He didn't care if he showed his tears and he did not simply care if he looked like a weakling. He just did not care because he was finally with Naya again.

"I never took you as an ugly crier, Malfoy" Naya joked as she reached over wiping the tears with her sleeve," Or maybe you always been one and I just never had the liberty of seeing it"

Scorpius chuckled as he let out a breath," Take it all in now because you'll never see it again"

Naya chuckled and not too long after Scorpius joined in as well.

'Finally'

Both had unknowing thought at the same time.