chapter twelve

"You know, nothing is holding me back right this moment, Fredrick Weasley," Nimah said slowly and dangerously menacing as she glared at the recoiling male who decided it was finally time to approach her

Give or take—that it was nearly half a month later.

Fred nervously drummed his hands on his thigh as he held back from actually turning and making a run for it.

One thing he knew about Nimah Black so well, was that she just as equally horrifying as his grandmother.

"N-nothing...Yeah, nothing is holding you back" He mumbled and twitched when she craned her head

"Yes, I am so glad to know you understand. I'll give you a few minutes before I take my wand out and hex you" Fred lowered his head and took a few breaths before sharing everything.

"I wanted to truly respect your way of coping, I truthfully did, but I can't Nimah. Pretending it was all okay is something I can't promise to do for you. If you didn't take the fall for m—

"Don't say it" Nimah cut him off as she felt her palms shake. She knew what he was going to say, and she refused to even think that he was daring to

Fred reached over taking her shaking hand in his," I know nothing I say won't make me change the fact that it all happened, but...what is the point of me continuing on the dream that we promised together?"

Nimah's shoulders dropped at the sudden confession. Of course, she never forgot that it was their dream—but she presumed that even without her he'd be okay.

"Fred..."

"It's egotistical of me," Fred continued but this time looking at her," I'm fine...I didn't lose my ability to keep on the dream, but Nimah, I don't even know I can do it without you"

Nimah was speechless.

She was not sure what to say in this situation, because she did not expect to hear those words.

To Fred, it was not his or her dream alone.

It was their dream.

"Can't you see the pattern here?" Nimah and Fred both shot their heads up to Peeves floating above them upside down," You two think it's your own fault"

"Peeves," The duo said in sync as the poltergeist wore a wispy smile

"Aren't ya both tired of taking the blame for somethin' that neither of you had control of?" He added while moving in circles around them," Idiots I say, the lot of you" He huffed before flying through them swiftly but not without adding his signature hoot.

"Did Peeves..." Nimah started

"Just scold us?" Fred finished

"Oh, that little bloke has his moments, take it as you will, because that is a rarity indeed" The pair had yet again fought down the shock turning to their next visitor—The Bloody Baron.

"And if I may add" The Baron sustained straightly," While you two might not want to hear it—you should simply understand that dreams made with another never ends until both of them are dead"

A rather grim explanation from the Bloody Baron had indeed been odd, however, it did mean a lot even for them.

The issue now, as if the two even wanted to move on from the self-pity they had.

Do they stop resisting the truth?

or

Do they continue the pattern?