chapter nine

When Naya had moved to America—it had taken her a few years to try dating

The one thing she was completely new to. Considering it was never something she thought about when only ever fancying someone without the thought of actually dating.

The feeling was still there, but there was nothing she could do about it.  However, she felt it was time for her to move on whether she liked it or not.

Also, part of her practically screamed to start her own happiness. However, something deep inside told her it was wrong that she only started the idea because she heard from Albus that Scorpius started dating someone.

So while she should have gotten over the fact, the news still pained her. It was a shock because a couple of months after she left to America—He started a relationship with Rose.

However, it didn't last—since Rose loved someone. So, she at least expected Scorpius to wait a while, but she quickly shook off the thought—or more like thoughts about her former friend that refused to stop from resurfacing.

There was no on or off switch—and it was driving her mad.

"When you finally agreed to go on a date, I honestly thought I was dreaming" Naya turned to the male, Josef Carlson; who was actually her mentor in alchemy.

He was a sweet and genuine guy who had been showing interest in her for a while. However, it was not like that at first.

The two clashed a lot and often found themselves competitive towards many things. So, it was almost imaginatively unlikely for them to sit down for a cup of tea and enjoy their time together.

Though, that was only the first year until Josef had realized how he was attracted to her. However, he knew she didn't see him that way.

"You already know I didn't agree full-heartedly" Naya admitted as she peered over to him," It was really a whim"

"I figured" He confessed but not with any hurt, in fact, he was glad she was being honest," That guy must really be lucky to have your heart"

Naya lowered her head and forced a chuckle. All she could think was "if only". If only her feelings were returned and If only things were not so awkward.

If only things continued to stay as a naive part of their lives.

It was all 'If's' and Naya wished it was easy to make go away with the wave of a wand or snap of a finger. However, she knew feelings weren't easy to just get rid of.

"Unrequited love is dangerous to the mind and soul" Naya added as she turned up to the sky," It messes you with your mind and ends up destroying all common sense"

"Well that just means the love is real, even with the pain" Josef responded with a smile," It ends when you truly want it to be"

"And how does one go about that?" Naya asked

Josef shrugged and folded his arms behind his back," It's really something only you can answer"

"Self-searching" She mumbled with a loud sigh," It's exhausting"

"It tends to be, especially when you can't forget that person despite trying to move on" Naya turned to Josef as he said those words. When she did he laughed and leaned on the railing near them," I guess you and I are pretty unlucky when it comes to love"

Naya leaned on the railing next to him and sighed," So you were interested in me because I had a similar experience?"

"I would say that's a reason, but I would never have gone with it without telling you" Josef answered honestly.

"Why does everything have to be complicated?" Naya laughed as she nudged her elbow on his arm.

"Because we tend to make it complicated"

josh hutcherson as josef carlson