chapter three

There was a huge difference to telling yourself on being supportive and accepting the truth and going through it

For Naya, who tried to stay her strongest on being the friend that accepted things as it went—was finally reaching the peak of not being able to be in denial.

When Albus had taken the liberty on being the bearer in the bad news—or at least, that was what he self-assumed.

Though, Naya had been already aware before anyone had to tell her.

Just as their exams took haste and her usual studying partner and had not been around—Naya put two and two together and had an inkling that her blonde best mate finally found the guts to overcome his biggest fear on confronting the female he fancied for so long.

Also, it was was a hot commodity. So regardless of her not seeing it, the whispers and giggles filled the halls. Most of which had been "finally" or the latter of people that wanted Naya with him.

It was really a mix of people who either saw the Malfoy with his best mate or the Granger-Weasley.

"What are you going to do?" Albus asked which made Naya just stare at him blankly.

For a second, she considered going the question as a joke but then she remembered this was Albus Severus Potter.

While he was not as uptight as the years prior, it has been a habit for her to deal with second-guessing him.

Naya forced a laugh and peered to him," You make it seem as if there are options"

Albus signed and folded his arms," You still have them, Naya. He hasn't officially confessed to her yet you know"

"It's not about whether he does or doesn't" Naya corrected him," He's nowhere near feeling the same way I feel about him. To him, I am a friend and throughout all the self-questioning I've realized that it's the best"

"Why does it have to be like that?" Albus asked genuinely with confusing lacing his voice," why have you given up?"

Naya scoffed and turned her head," Giving up makes it easier, besides I can't just go up to him now of all times and say "Hey mate, so I've been keeping a secret from you, I've fancied you for so many years." Naya emphasized the single word with a frown as she locked eyes with Albus knowing he'd understand that part.

The thing the trio had pretty much solemnly sworn over when things got tough for the Malfoy's.

It was the time that as they—and Even Rose with Nova, had wanted to show their sign of trust by never hiding anything.

Albus, Naya and Rose had kept to it, because what the Malfoy's needed was not to feel any feelings of insecurity they were already dealing with mostly everyone else in the school.

"I have already come to terms with the fact that I'll remain as nothing more than a friend" Naya stated sternly," The least you can do, Al is to respecting my decision"

Albus watched her walk away and it caused him to peer over his shoulder," You know, you're not as sneaky as you think you are—Scorp"

Scorpius didn't move from his spot as he kept himself planted on the ground with his back leaning on the wall. His eyes had only focused on his hands as everything around it was blurry.

He was confused but also completely shocked that Naya felt that way about him— and he had no idea whatsoever.

It was at that moment, Scorpius knew that he was Naive.