chapter eight

Weddings were times that either people normally rejoiced and celebrated the ceremony of two people joining in matrimony

Weddings were times that either people normally rejoiced and celebrated the ceremony of two people joining in matrimony. However, it was also the time for those who weren't getting married to prepare for the awkward encounters.

You did not know really who'd you end up running into but also, you knew who you were going run into. It was really a win-lose situation depending on who you were in good or bad terms with.

When Naya had seen the familiar brownish-white owl at her window holding a fancy envelope—she knew immediately what it was.

It was from Albus and while things were still thin ice between the pair, this gesture meant he was not angry at her about graduation, in fact, this was more of him giving her a chance.

If she came to the wedding all was forgiven, and if she didn't—well it was obvious what the outcome would be.

Though Naya did not need to think twice because this was his and Nova's special day—and if she had to sacrifice her uncomfortableness being around a certain Malfoy, she'd do it.

She planned to attend, congratulate and leave. The thought of mingling was pushed away because if one thing led to another, she might end up meeting face to face with Scorpius and that was the last she needed.

Her method of moving on did not include to pretend it was okay, because she wasn't. Also, she was quite sure that these awkward happenings would never end.

Being sat alone during the ceremony had its quirks. One was that no one would tell her to stop fidgeting and the other was to cry without feeling the need to be ethical about her appearance.

It was a humorous thought for Naya about how people tended to act when they sat next to anyone during a long ceremony.

The need to make a conversation with someone, the need to act unlike yourself and the odd need to speak after.

It was the three simple things that Naya wouldn't have mind on normal circumstances, but this one time she couldn't let the cycle start. She couldn't have someone interrupt her mediocre plan that had its already many flaws.

Once the ceremony had ended, Naya cursed to herself wishing she'd use the Disillusionment charm.  However, she knew how rude it'd be to the bride and groom—or more so, Albus.

"You actually came?" Albus appeared in front of her with a soft smile," I'm glad"

Naya smiled back," I wouldn't miss it for the world Al, besides You and Nova have been through trials to get here. It would be rude of me not to come on the special day that rejoices you"

"Now I don't know if you're trying to be funny or actually sweet"

She chuckled and pulled him into a hug," Oh sod off, you know what I mean. Congratulations Al"

"Thank you" He returned the embrace which lasted a little while because he knew more than he wanted," How long do you plan to stay in America?"

Naya flinched as he pulled out of the embrace. She sighed and brought a hand to her neck," Which father of mine told you?"

Albus lifted only half of his lips in a smile as he pat her shoulder," I understand the opportunity was for a job offer, but don't just drop off the face of the earth"

"I won't" was the last words she had exchanged with him in privacy since others came to congratulate him.

Naya was able to slip a congratulation to the bride and safely made her way to leave.

However, before she disapparated away, she saw Scorpius peering over the awning above. He mouthed a few words before turning away.

"Until we meet again"