chapter eleven

Sometimes, when one decides to make things right—fate laughs in your face and takes ahold of it and causes catastrophe

While it can be fair—it can also be the continuation of one's grief. The circumstances are completely random and no one can truly avoid it when it decides to waltz in.

Despite the thoughts and lack of worries between Naya and her former fiancé—the two had been undoubtedly chosen as the next target of fate's unwanted interference.

One single invitation that, in fact, had been given to someone who happened to be in the same work facility as none other than Nova Potter.

The former Malfoy had accidentally seen the invitation on one of her co-worker's workspace—and she was left with genuine confusion.

It was definitely a shock and upon returning home, she had been left to asking her own husband if it was true.

Maybe she let it slip and didn't see it in the post or maybe it didn't arrive yet.

While she brought the topic up—timing had yet again been incredibly disastrous. As Nova had forgotten, of all days of the week was when her brother often visited to spend time with her and her children.

"Naya is getting married?" Scorpius asked completely appalled at the information.

When his sister and Albus turned to see his shocked and defeated reaction—the husband and wife had both been left to silently scolding themselves.

The timing was bad—It sure was, especially since Scorpius had started to share his longing for Naya.

It was a seed planted within his mind and heart.

It was rather simple, that sometimes, when one is aware of another's feelings about them—it can grow without unawareness.

For Scorpius, it was definitely just that. He did not know if he loved her, but he knew that he couldn't imagine a future without her. As a friend or lover, it really kept his heart running wild.

However, now that he had this news—the thorns have started to grow and his courage diminished through each breath.

He felt defeated and lost, again.

"It doesn't feel right," Albus stated his concerns," She would have sent letters"

"Maybe she forgot?" Nova said with doubt. While she would wish for Naya's happiness, things were not adding up.

Naya wouldn't forget something like this—especially not to Albus, regardless of any of the occurrences as such.

"No" Albus corrected his wife," I am sure of it"

Scorpius who had been sat farther away—had hardly let what the couple said to reach his ears.

All he could think about now was how it all began with him being utterly Naive.