chapter fourteen

For the reunited friends, things were slowly going back to normal

However it was still awkward in some ways, but the pair spent time slowly working it out.

While it deemed a challenge and while it was still a part of their predicament for their feelings, the two knew there was no rush.

Naya and Scorpius had attempted to explore further into the depth that went beyond than their friendship—and while the trial had been somewhat slow, the two had found that behind all of the awkward and tense emotions; that the love was there.

It was there and maybe it was new or maybe it was old—for them, it did not matter because they found happiness with each other.

It took a while, for the two to think about marriage—but it was not so far in the future as what most thought it would be.

While they were probably the last within their friends to join in matrimony—their life was their own to create.

The two simply did not want to let any expectations get in their way.

Regardless of how life went on and as everyone around them had already started their own families.

The two had unexpectedly planned to not have kids of their own.

Instead, the pair decided to not raise the risk of having children—mainly, a daughter that might end up with the blood curse that took Scorpius and Nova's mothers life.

It might be a choice that was selfish, but to them, it was what they decided. Rather, they came to the decision to foster children and maybe even adopt further in the future.

The two had a solid understanding of things about their past that can never be the same, but it was enough for them to know it was once there.

The times were sacred and forever part of their memories. So they didn't need to force it into the future.

It was a long journey, it was a long way. It really was the pace that might just have been what was perfect for them.

For friends that turned to strangers—from strangers back to friends and finally from friends to lovers.

It was definitely a head-scratcher for someone that was told this—but in the end, regardless of how it went and regardless of how long it took, the trials of running and anxiety was finally over.