Emilys POV.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled.

"Woah, you did a great job Mia." She had curled my hair and done a light layer of make up. She brought over some black strapping sandals to go with my white knee length lace dress.

"You look fine girl!" Mia laughed. "I'm so proud." She faked wiping away a tear. "Luke better treat you right, or I'm going to have to deal with him myself."

I felt bad for Mia. She just found out that Josh only asked her out to get back at his ex.

"He's a douche bag babe." I said angrily.

"It's fine, it's fine! It's your big night! Your first ever date." She grinned at me.

I beamed back at her. Luke had asked me on a date. He was due to arrive in a few minutes.

"Thank you so much Mia. I look nice." I said.

"You look beautiful." Said a voice from behind me. I turned to see my dad standing in my doorway.

"Aw my girls growing up." He smiled tears in his eyes.

"Dad! It's only a date calm down!"

The door bell rung and we all grinned at each other.

---------------------------------------------

Luke lead my away from my house by the hand after an awkward meeting my dad and a quick hello to Mia. He was wearing a white collared shirt, a black jacket and nice black jeans. He looked gorgeous.

"Where are we going?" I asked to break the silence.

"It's a suprise." He chuckled. We walked on in silence.

A few minutes later we arrived at the local park. It was starting to get dark.

"Here we are."

I laughed. There was a picnic blanket set out on the grass with lanterns in the trees surrounding it. There was lots of different containers of food and a small iPod dock.

"Laughing at me are you?" He asked nervously.

"I've never been on a date before, this is my excited giggle." He sat down on the blanket and patted the space across from him.

We talked for a few minutes before we played a game to get to know each other. 20 questions.

"Favourite colour?" He asked me.

"Red, biggest fear?"

"Clowns." And so on it went. I was having a great time. He pushed his iPod into the dock and it started to play some slow music in the background.

I felt like I was in a movie.

"When did you start liking me?" He asked slowly as if it was trouble getting the words out.

I stopped playing with my hair and looked up at him.

"Last year, do you remember when I got pushed into a locker? Some girl thought me and Ashton were dating and her friend really liked him. My nose was bleeding everywhere and I looked a right mess. It was after school and I was by myself. You stopped and asked if I was okay. You then went into the girls bathroom with me and cleaned up my nose as I was crying to much to do it myself. You made sure I got home safely. Then we only said the odd hello to each other in the corridors. Right about then."

Luke slowly leaned in and stopped a few centimetres before our faces were touching as if to ask if it was okay to kiss me. I moved forward and closed the gap in between us. Our lips lingered together, touching lightly. He pulled me closer as our lips moved in sync. He wrapped his arms around my waist as mine went up to his shoulders. He slide his tongue along the bottom on my lip and I gasped. He pulled away and looked around us.

Our lanterns and the moon were the only things giving us light. "Sorry." He mumbled.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Let's get you home." He said ignoring my question. He took his iPod and put it in his pocket. "I'll get the rest later." He stood up lending me a hand. I grabbed his and he pulled me up to my feet.

He shrugged off his jacket and slung it around my shoulders. I leaned into him and he wrapped an arm around my waist. He lead me home.

As we reaches my front door he looked down at me. "I had a great time Emily."

"Me too." I replied truthfully.

His lips lightly pressed against mine for a few seconds. He then put his arms around me and I breathed his scent in. He smelt amazing. I hugged him back, not wanting this to end.

"Em, is that you?" My dad called from inside.

"Yeah, coming dad!" I yelled back.

"I've got to go. Bye Luke." I said pulling away and handing him back his jacket.

He smiled at me before nodding and walking away into the darkness.