Ashtons POV.

Ashton's POV

I lay on my bed, thoughts swimming through my head. I was done lying to myself. No matter how hard I tried to deny it, no matter who got in my way. I liked Emily. A lot.

She was perfect, I realised finally. Great body, not skinny, but definitely not fat. She had a bit of a stomach and nice muscly legs. She had a gorgeous face. Her teeth weren't absolutely straight, her nose was like a button and her eyes were a normal hazel colour. But it was her personality that got me. She was so forgiving, so kind, thought about everyone else before herself. She liked to have fun and a good laugh. And you know what?

I hated Luke at the moment. Hated he could hold her, kiss her. Sure we laughed together and we were close, but I would never feel her lips against mine. Never feel her body pressed on mine. My hands could never wrap around hers, our fingers intertwining. I couldn't call her mine and show her off to my friends. Because we were only friends.

Just friends.

I hated being in the friend zone. Watching her and Luke go on dates, being all lovey dovey. And I hated that I felt this way about her.

Why her?! My mind screamed at me. Why my best friend?! Any girl I could have fallen for, but I picked her. I sat up and picked up my pillow, throwing it as hard as I could against the wall letting out a groan.

I had saved her from some guy trying to take advantage of her. I'd seen her topless. I smiled. At least that's one image..

No. I thought to myself. Don't you dare. She deserves better than that. I guess that's why she has Luke.

"WHY IS LUKE SO FUCKING PERFECT?!" I finally screamed out. No one else was home and I let it all out. "IT'S NOT FAIR. HE'S BETTER LOOKING, MORE TALENTED, INTELLIGENT." I yelled, the list never ending.

My door squeaked open and Calum's face appeared.

"Hey mate, you okay?" He asked nervously.

"Shit, um yeah fine." I mumbled, running a hand through my hair.

"Dude.." He started.

"Calum, thanks, but I'd rather not talk about it." I was already feeling terrible about myself.

"You and Luke are even competition mate. Have you seen both of you?" He chuckled awkwardly. "Don't think he's better than you, you're both awesome guys."

"Thanks, but I don't want to talk to you right now." I said rudely, hoping he would leave.

"Just trying to help." He replied, before leaving and shutting the door. I then wondered how he got in, but as I got up to ask him, he was already gone.

"Fuck everything." I said angrily.

I buried my head into my bed. And groaned loudly.

"Why did I notice this now?"