17

I woke up and my head was pounding. I felt sunlight all of a sudden on my face and hid under the covers.

"Wake up" I hear Draco's voice ring.

"How are you so... chipper" I muttered from under the sheets.

"I know how to hold my alcohol.. that's how" I feel him pull on the sheets to reveal my face. I glared at him.

"Are you dressed already?" I saw him already in his usual black suit.

"It's 10 am so yes" he laughed. I groaned and squinted at him. I got out of bed and rubbed my eyes. "You already missed breakfast.. your lucky both our dads are on some sort of mission today or you'd be in for it" he said as he watched me go over to the closet and grab another random black dress and mope to the bathroom. I came out looking somewhat alive again.

"You finally ready?" He chuckle as he was now sat on a chair by the fire.

"Why'd you wait for me?" He shrugged. I gave him small smile "let's just go downstairs"

"Merry Christmas honey!" My mom said excitedly from the bottom of the stairs.

"Merry Christmas mom" I gave her a hug before she pulled me into a living area with a large Christmas tree and presents under it. Narcissa was sitting by the fire.

"Merry Christmas dear" she said to me which a smile. I replied with the merriest Christmas I could give.

"I'll bring you a coffee" Draco whispered in my ear.

"Oh no it's okay I can get it" but before I could finish he was already gone. I walked over to a couch across from Narcissa and my mother.

"I have presents for you" Narcissa squealed. As she used her wand to float over a large pile of things.

"Oh I can't accept these, this is too much" I said.

"Don't be silly. I've always wanted a daughter to spoil" her smile couldn't get any wider. So I just kindly accepted. Draco walked back in soon after with my coffee in hand. I mouthed a quick thank you before I was told to open everything.

There were scarves, jewelry, more black clothing and shoes galore. I was appreciative but still felt terrible she spent so much on me when I couldn't even give her anything in return.

Thankfully Draco opened his after and any attention was off of me. This was nice. I hadn't had a Christmas this nice in a few years. My mom looked happy too, she seemed to be getting closer with Narcissa which made me feel better about going back to school at the end of the week.

"Oh y/n, I did have one more surprise!" Narcissa blurted. "We have my seamstress coming over in a few days to have you try on wedding gowns" she was glowing

"Wow, thank you Narcissa." I honestly thought I'd end up in a black dress by the looks of this place. "You really don't have to go through all this trouble"

"It's no trouble at all" I hadn't seen her smile so much since I met her. It's sad how much more comfortable this house is without the father figures in it.

"Would you like to go for a walk?" Draco asked from his side of the couch. I nodded and got up to get my jacket. Leaving the remnants of my coffee on the table beside me. He led me out to the garden where I had taken many walks with my mom.

It was cold and snowing but it looked magical.

"You're moms the best" I said to him which made him smile.

"Yeah. She's been through a lot as well the past few years. I'm just excited to see her so happy again. She's completely overjoyed to have a daughter" he chuckled.

"I feel bad she spent all that money on me though"

"Trust me that was nothing for her." We continued walked in silence. The only sound being our feet crunching in the snow. Draco then stopped abruptly.

"You good?" I asked turning back to look at him. He didn't say anything he just pulled a box out of his pocket. "What's this?"

"It's Christmas Day, I'm handing you a box and you ask what's this? It's a present" he gave a small laugh. I rolled my eyes at him and took the present. Hopefully it was something small.

I took off the paper to reveal a small velvet box. I looked at Draco as almost asking him if my thoughts were correct as he wordlessly urged me to continue opening it. An emerald ring with small diamonds on either side of it sat on a cushion in the box. My mouth was practically on the ground.

"Well you're my fiancé right? so I figured you needed a ring." I was speechless as I gazed at the ring. "You like it?" He asked a bit nervous.

"I mean yeah I love it. But you didn't have to spend so much"

"Stop with the spending too much crap. I wanted to." I continued to stare at it. I could tell he was still a bit nervous. "You sure you like it? I thought the emerald was nice but if you don't like it-"

"Draco seriously I love it." I pulled him into a hug and realized tears were starting to form in my eyes.

This whole situation wasn't the dream proposal you think of as a kid. But it still felt perfect. When we pulled out of the hug he took the ring and slipped it on my finger.

"Shit. It feels really now" he muttered under his breath as he looked at the ring on my finger.

"Yeah. Definitely solidified it" I looked at him. Sometimes we're so caught in our own world I forget that we hadn't known each other forever. He looked back at me, his eyes dancing from meeting my gaze to my lips. He started to inch closer. I swear my heart stopped beating as I felt his hand caress my cheek. I could feel his warm breath on my lips when

"Y/n" we pulled away instantly at the sound of my moms frantic voice. "you need to come inside... there's someone here.."

"What do you mean? who...?" She looked between Draco and I.

"It's best you see for yourself."