23

I woke up the next morning feeling a mixture of emotions. I opened my eyes to see Draco laying next to me, I tried not to be weird and watch him sleep for too long but his soft breathing and sharp features made it hard to look away.

It was odd the feelings I was having. I somehow felt... content and happy. But I also felt that tinge of sadness ever since moving here. I hate to praise my father in any way but, Draco and I have been doing better than ever. I'm partly happy he forced me to do this, or I wouldn't be with him and possibly have never even met Draco. But this deal was dragging my mother down with it, and being with Draco doesn't change the fact that my father dragged us into a war.

My thoughts soon faded when I saw an owl at the window. I jumped up quickly and took the parchment from it.

Y/n,

I understand you want to know but this isn't exactly easy. I'd rather tell you in person. Let's meet at the three broomsticks on Saturday, I should be able to get away for a while. How's noon? Just remember I love you. I never meant to hurt you.

Love,
Mom

I sighed. At least she was willing to meet with me. I stared at the parchment for a while, going into deep thought for the second time this morning. The thing is I couldn't possibly imagine what this big secret was, anything I thought of just seemed wrong.

"Come back to bed." I heard Draco groan into his pillow. I let out and small chuckle and went back under the covers. He moved his head from the pillow to look at me. "What's that?" He asked in his raspy morning voice.

"My mom. She's going to meet with me on Saturday." I said handing him the letter so he could read it over.

"Good" he said shortly before putting it on his bedside table. He soon scooped me into his arms so my head was level with his chest. I looked up at him with a smirk. "What?" His eyes were closed and he didn't even look down at me, he must have sensed that I was staring.

"Oh nothing. Just thinking about something Daphne told me a while back... mm what was it again... something about... if you see his soft side you're in..?" I said playfully. I could see a small smirk grow on his face.

"She said that?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah, sure did. Seems like I'm in doesn't it?" I joked and in an instant I found myself under him again.

"I'm not soft" he smirked.

"It's okay to have a soft side Draco. I'm not judging you. I promise I won't tell." I gave him a wink and he moved so there was no more space between us. "You seem to like this position don't you?" I said softly

"Gives me a perfect view" he smiled glancing at my lips. He moved in slowly and gently placed his lips on mine. With every kiss I melted more into him. It felt like we were perfectly made for each other. I moved my hands to the back of his head and ran them through his hair. He soon started to move his lips to my jawline and down my neck, without warning a small moan escaped my lips. That's when he hopped off of me.

"I'm not loosing this bet" he yelled as he ran towards the bathroom and instantly put on the shower. I let out a loud laugh to make sure he could hear I was laughing at him.

When he came out, his towel that he had on was put lower than normal around his hips, I knew what he was trying to do. He offered me to go in next.

"Let me know if you need my help in there" he said smacking my ass on the way in.

"Draco!" He let out a laugh. I walked back over to him putting his face in my hands and bringing it closer. "You're going to loose at this rate" I whispered and kissed his cheek before walking back into the bathroom.

"I promise you I won't loose" he said after me as I closed the door. A smile unwillingly grew on my face. With the darkness we were going through right now, sometimes it is hard to be playful and have fun but it seemed we always had a way of doing exactly that.

I finished showering and getting ready before we head out on our morning patrol of the halls. Really seemed pointless to me but it doesn't matter what I think.

"So what did you want to do today?" Draco asked intertwining his hand in mine.

"Well I was thinking we could roam the castle exactly three times" he let out a laugh.

"Yeah sounds fun" he said sarcastically.

"I actually don't mind it much" I said seriously.

"Is it because you get to spend time with me?" Draco wiggled his eyebrows.

"I was going to say that but I take it back." I laughed.

"Oh come on" he said shoving me lightly.

"I just... I'm happy it's you" I said quietly, almost embarrassed by the words coming out of my mouth. "Other than a few instances, for the most part you've made this transition really easy. And almost fun"

"Almost?" He questioned sounding offended.

"Yeah almost, do you want me to bring up why it's almost?" I gave him a threatening look and he quickly shook his head.

"No need" he spat out.

As we were walking on the third floor of the castle there was a voice that called out behind us.

"Mr. Malfoy..." we turned to see Snape standing at the end of the hall.

"I'll be right back" he said looking at me before releasing his hand from mine and walking away. I walked to the window and looked at the view and I waited for them to finish. I tried to hear what they were saying but the soft breeze hitting my ears made it hard.

Draco was walking back looking a bit somber.

"Is everything okay?" I asked turning to him.

"Yeah fine.. I just have to go back home for a few days.." I looked at him confused

"Already? We just got back" he nodded.

"I know" he kicked the ground lightly.

"Well that's okay we can go pack-"

"No y/n. Just me. I guess you're to stay here and continue with our mind numbing task" he let out a small chuckle though I could tell he was now not in the mood.

"Well it's only a couple of days.." I said grabbing his hand and continuing our walk.

"Just feels weird. Haven't left your side much since September. I'm just worried something will happen to you while I'm away"

"Don't be. I can handle myself. Just do what you have to do. And stay safe" I said giving him a kind look. He just nodded and squeezed my hand.

I tried not to show it but I was a bit disappointed. I didn't like the idea of being separated from him.. not because I didn't feel safe but because it felt like a piece of me was leaving.