32

Draco's POV

Crabbe was gone.

Potter saved my life.

I couldn't even process any of it as I was running through the now quiet halls looking for Daphne, for y/n but I couldn't find them anywhere.

Voldemort was waiting for Harry in the forest, this was coming to an end. Someone was going to win this, and there was a piece of me that couldn't help but hope it was Potter.

Blaise was running along side me.

"I'm sure she's fine Draco." Blaise was trying to get me to stop running. To take a breather while they could. It was only a matter of time before death eaters were back.

I stopped running when an all too familiar blonde head of hair stepped in front of me with a proud smile on her face. I turned to Blaise with wide eyes. The look on her face made me nervous that she had done something.

Find her

I mouthed to Blaise, I knew I wasn't going to be able to escape from Astoria quickly enough. Hoping Blaise would be able to find her first he nodded and ran off.

"Hello D" I furrowed my brows at her awful nickname.

"Astoria" I tried to get by her but she stepped in front of me again.

"I was thinking.... once this was all over. Maybe you drop y/n and be with me." She drew circles on his chest but he took her wrist and pushed it down.

"No thanks" I said as coldly as possible. But her asking me to 'drop y/n' gave me a small bit of hope that she didn't have the guts to actually try anything on her. That she was okay.

"Why not? She's just some dumb American girl you were arranged with, don't you want to be with someone you've known longer?" She was trying to act seductive and it made me want to barf. I'd been friends with Daphne for enough years now where she felt like an annoying little sister to me.

Nothing more.

"She's not going anywhere" I told her through gritted teeth.

"That's odd. Because I seemed to have found this on the ground" she lifted up the ring I'd gotten y/n for Christmas.

"How'd you get that?" My breathing became irregular. I'm sure it just fell off her hand in the heat of battle. She wouldn't purposely take it off. I like to think I know her well enough to know she wouldn't leave me at least without warning.

"I found it on the ground. Think she's had enough of you finally?" The smirk on her face held no pity, just pure pride. I ripped the ring out of her hand and moved closer to her.

"You will never be my wife Astoria." I told her through gritted teeth. I started to walk away but ignored the whisper I heard.

"We'll see about that" I'm sure it's just her throwing out empty threats again. She won't do anything.

I was down near the great hall, as I walked by I saw bodies of injured and dead people lining the room.

Should I go look for her..?

I was about to walk in when I heard a scream.

"Harry Potter is dead!"

I ran out to the courtyard to see a large group of death eaters walking towards the large group of students I stood with. As they got closer I recognized four people in front

"From this day forth you put your faith in me... Harry Potter is dead!" He said once again. The group behind him laughed.

As I stood and watched I made eye contact with my mother. She had a blank expression, not going along with the other death eaters actions.