How Can I Love You When I Hate You So Much? (Draco Malfoy) Chapter 28

Sorry for the slow updating. I am trying, honest. Hope you like this chapter. Please comment, any input would be bitchin'!

Chapter 28 Push harder, you scar headed prude!

Snape shot me an icy glare as I put my arms behind my back and huffed, like bursting into a room was completely normal behavior.

"Miss Hawthorne, Potter is here for remedial Potions, as we all well know."

"well we all well knew the Earth was flat a thousand whatever years ago, too, but people smarted up, ain't they?" I said quickly. "I know smarted isn't a proper word, no one asked you!" I said, raising a hand to Snape's certainly slicing remark. "Harry needs to learn Occulmency, and he sure as hell isn't learning it from you. I can smell his thoughts from here. Please, Severus. Let me take over. I know I can teach him. And we both know he fucking needs it." I shot a glare at my godfather before finishing my own slicing remark. "You owe me this much." My eyes darkened as I stared at him. He huffed soundly but lowered his eyes.

"Well you won't be doing it here. Find someplace else, Hawthorne. Five points from Gryffindor." He turned with a billow and slammed his office door. I sighed and looked at Harry, who was eying me suspiciously.

"Whelp, now that that is over, wanna go practice in Myrtle's bathroom? Merlin knows she's just dying to see you again." I nudged Harry wtth my elbow, but he just stared.

"What are you trying at, Jez? Why do you, a Slytherin, want to help me, a Gryffindor with something no one was even supposed to know about?" I sighed and lowered my head, unsure how to respond.

"Come with me. I will explain when we get there." I walked out the door and headed to Moaning Myrtle's empty loo. She was floating close to the ceiling, looking out the window and crying. She turned when I opened the door and smiled at me, her smile tripling in size when Harry follows me in.

"Oh Jez, Harry! I was getting so lonely. The only person to visit me all day was a tall gangly boy from Slytherin that just paced and ignored me." she said with a pout. I smiled and waved at her but didn't reply. I turned to Harry.

"Harry, I know you don't trust me, but we're family. I want to help you. I wish you could see that."

"But your parents were Death Eaters. How do you expect me to trust you?"

"But I'm not! Sirius' brother and sister were both Death Eaters, and you trust him!"

"That's different!" Harry started, but I cut him off.

"It isn't and we both know it. Bottom line is, you need to learn Occulmency and I am better at it thatn Snape. So shut up and focus. Legimens!" I shouted, forcing my way into Harry's mind. I saw flashes of everything that had happened since he arrive at Hogwarts. The sorting, his first night in his room. The fight for the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's stone. (It was different depending on where you lived!) I pulled back and Harry was gasping for air.

"I wasn't ready!" He shouted.

"If you plan to beat Voldemort, you have to be! Now push harder! Legimens!"

The lesson went on for hours. I finally gave up and let Harry leave. He was in a mood anyway. I wasn't sure how to get himt o trust me as much as he did Ron and Hermoine. He was never going to get over me being a Slyrherin and defending Malfoy.

I slunk back to the green and silver common room and threw myself onto a couch in front of the warm fire. The flickering lights cast shadows across the old faded rug. My eyes followed as they danced across the room. I felt my eyelids grow heavy and before I knew it, I was asleep.

My dreams haunted me the next day. I walked through the whole day in a fog. A screeching female voice yelling "I killed Sirius Black!" Sirius falling into some weird archway with a smile on his face and disappearing. What could it mean?

Sorry it's been forever and the chapter is short on top of it. I just got off work and it's almost 7 in the morning. I will update more later today or tomorrow. Love you guys! Don't forget to comment!