How Can I Love You When I Hate You So Much? (Draco Malfoy) Chapter 20

Ohemgee, 20 chapters already? I am shocked at how easily this story is flowing out. Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Chapter 20 You aren't going to catch me with that song as a ringtone

I finished tying up my green and silver Quidditch robes and walked out of the locker room to the pitch. The rest of the team was already gathered for the first game of the season, Slytherin versus Gryffindor, much to my dismay. Harry, Ron, Fred and George were all on the Gryffindor team. I smiled at them from behind Montague, our team captain, who was sneering at the Gryffindor captain, I think her name was Angelina. Fred winked at me and I chuckled, earning a glare from Draco, who was Seeker.

I should probably fill you in on what's going on a little bit, since it's been a few weeks. See, as far as the school is concerned Fred and I are an exclusive item. He's really sweet and...safe, I suppose is the proper term for it. And, he fits me into the "Golden Circle" as Draco calls it.

Draco and I...oh Merlin that's a complicated mess. I hate him. I hate everything he stands for. But when he touches me...I swear I burst into flames every time. It's a very confusing relationship. In public, we are at each other's throats with death in our eyes. But behind closed doors is a woks other story. Very love/hate.

But back to Quidditch, right?

Montague and Johnson shook hands and the game started. I was a Chaser, so I flew up and tried to get my hands on the Quaffle.

'And it's Johnson - 'Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me - '

'JORDAN!' yelled Professor McGonagall.

' - just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest - and she's ducked Hawthorne, a new addition to the Slytherin team, she's passed Montague, she's - ouch - been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe . . . Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and - nice Bludger there from George Weasley, that's a Bludger to the head for Montague, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse-passes to Alicia Spinnet and Spinnet's away - '

Lee's commentary rang through the stadium, but I was hardly paying attention. I felt like I had to prove myself this game, but at the same time, I didn't want my friends to lose. I pushed forward, trying to snag the Quaffle from the Gryffindor Chaser. ' - dodges Montague, avoids a Bludger - close call, Alicia - and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them, what's that they're singing?' And as Lee paused to listen, the song rose loud and clear from the sea of green and silver in the Slytherin section of the stands:

'Weasley cannot save a thing,

He cannot block a single ring, That's why Slytherins all sing:

Weasley is our King

'Weasley was born in a bin

He always lets the Quaffle in

Weasley will make sure we win Weasley is our King.'

' - and Alicia passes back to Angelina!' Lee shouted, and I growled audibly at the tactless chant coming from my housemates. Lee continued. 'Come on now, Angelina - looks like she's got just the Keeper to beat! - SHE SHOOTS - SHE - aaaah . . .' Bletchley, our Keeper, had saved the goal; he threw the Quaffle to Montague who sped off with it, zig-zagging in between two Gryffindor Chasers; the singing from below grew louder and louder as he made his way to Ron at the goalposts.

Weasley is our King,

He always lets the Quaffle in