Chapter 22

Later that day, during the evening, Promenade also gave birth to her child. She gave birth with the help of her most trusted servant. No knows that she too is giving birth to a child. She bit the end of the blanket to make sure that no one would hear her cries upon giving birth.

When midnight strike, she finally had given birth to a baby boy. Her servant was a bit scared to tell her that her child is not moving and breathing. Promenade took off the blanket that she’s been biting all along.
She asked her servant. “What’s wrong? Why can’t I hear my child cry?”

“I-it’s a b-baby boy, Princess.”

The servant is shaking in fear she doesn’t know if she’ll hand the child to its mother only to find out that she gave birth to a child that is not moving nor breathing.

“What is it? Hand over my child to me.”

She doesn’t have any choice and handed the child to Promenade, when the baby was in her arms she asked her servant. “Why is my child like this? Why is he so pale?”

She put her pointing finger on the baby’s nose only to feel that he isn’t breathing. Suddenly tears began to fall down from her eyes. She wasn’t even sure if she accepted the baby or not. But only one thing is sure, she’s really heartbroken because she found that her child is dead.

Embracing her dead child within her arms, she broke into tears and did not stop at all. She couldn’t accept the fact her child is born dead. “If this is my punishment for wanting the things that owned by someone else, please forgive me! I can’t bear seeing him like this, forgive me! Forgive me!”

That same night, she ordered her servant to prepare for the burial of her child, even if it’s hard for her to accept and face reality, she can’t do anything about it. Carrying the body of her child, she journeyed to the deep forest just to bury her first son.

“Forgive your mother for doing so many bad deeds that even the gods have seen it and punished me by taking you away from me. Please forgive your mother! I didn’t know that the actions that I’ve done would affect you, I-I’m so sorry! Forgive me!” she said as tears continue to fall from her eyes down cheeks.

“Princess its time. We should be back at the palace before the dawn.” The servant said.

Seeing her own child being buried deep underground was the most painful sight for Promenade. She cried and cried until they got back at palace.

“Leave me alone for a moment please, I just want to be alone.” She said when she got off from the carriage.

“As you wish, Princess.” The servant said while bowing her head before Promenade left and went straight to her chambers.

The sun starts to shine really bright that it almost blinded her sight, she was truly heartbroken. Inside her room the curtains were covering the big windows and not allowing any sun’s rays to enter. She spent her whole day crying because of her first born child’s death.

Meanwhile, back at Dione and Phoebe’s chambers, Dione is trying his very best to make Phoebe forgive him. He prepared breakfast for her, and even insisted to feed her. He was really sorry for what he did to her so he’s doing all he can in order for her to forgive him.

Then, Phoebe began to softened, the tall walls that’s been preventing her from forgiving Dione had start to broke into pieces when he saw Dione’s face while he’s holding their child on his arms. He slowly went towards her and sit beside her on the bed.

“I’ve got a good name for him.” Dione said.
“What is it?” Phoebe asked.

“Pherrione, we’ll call him that.”

“Pherrione?”

“Yes, Pherrione Calynn Swoon-Rhapsody.”

“From now on we’ll call him Pherrione Calynn.” Phoebe while looking at the child.
Dione was the one who’s holding the child, Phoebe caressed the small face of the child. It was beautiful sight for anyone who could see them at that time. It was a perfect picture to be fit into a frame.