Chapter 7: Symptomatic

Author's Note: So, conveniently, I came up with the idea for this fic a while back, back when Trump got COVID-19. When his physician, Sean Conley, spoke to people about the president's condition, I looked at Conley's lab coat, which said "Physician to the President", I came up with the idea for this whole diagnostics team treating the President, and then once I started this AU I thought it would be cool to include it in here.

After reaching D.C., the group quickly dropped their things off and made their way to the White House in a rental car that was lent to them. Ethan was driving, Mia in the passenger seat, and Tobias, Baz, and Naveen in the back.

"I wanted to drive." Tobias said.

"I wanted to at least ride in the front, but Mia called shotgun" Baz said.

"Guys, it's time for things to get tough. You guys can drive and ride shotgun next." Mia said. Mia reached over and grabbed Ethan's hand while they drove, just like always, knowing that both of them, were anxious for what were to come. They reached the White House gates, where after passing multiple security clearances, they met with the First Gentlemen Riley Roberts.

"Welcome doctors." he said, with an evidently tired look on his face. The doctors immediate followed Riley, who brought them outside the President's room. There, the Presidents' normal team of physicians stood there awaiting.

"Here are your coats" Roberts said as he gave each one of them their doctor's coats, each of the embroidered with the words 'Physician of the President'. After putting them on, the team turned towards the physicians standing there with them. "They will brief you on a more specific version of my wife's condition out here. Then, you will meet with her to analyze her condition, and then a press conference after." Mr. Roberts said as the team nodded, leaving him to go and join his wife, and leaving the Edenbrook team with the other doctors.

"It's an honor meeting you all" the first doctor, Dr. Smith said.

"Likewise." Naveen said. "Will you all be joining us during our time here?"

"No, we're just here to provide a more detailed overview of the President's condition, and the rest of the week is for you all." the other doctor, Dr. Yvonne said. They all sat down, as the team of physicians shared their discoveries.

"Just as you all know, the President has been having symptoms over the past month, such as muscle cramps, fatigue, dehydration, nausea, and low blood pressure" The third doctor, Dr. Gerome said.

"The President had been having these symptoms over the past month, but had only told us about it about a week prior because she thought that her symptoms were mild and normal, which they were for the most part, but they worsened severely." Dr. Smith said. "She was throwing up constantly and unable to keep anything down, but had no flu or fever. She was also facing sever dehydration, and had blood pressure so low that she was frequently fainting. The fatigue she was experiencing also greatly increased, and she also developed hypoglycemia."

"All these symptoms coming together and at the great severity she was having them was great concern to all of us" Dr. Yvonne said. "We ran tests, but nothing made sense. Here are all the test results." They then gave the team the files, with all the test results, family history, and patient history inside. "We have a clinic nearby where we also treat other patients, but Dr. Smith will remain with you all for the remainder of today to help you all get started and settled in."

"Thank you doctors." Dr. Gerome said, before he and Dr. Ivonne left. Then it was time to go in and actually meet the president.

They all walked in, Ethan, Baz, Naveen, Tobias, Mia, and Dr. Smith. After introducing themselves to the President, she started introducing her side of the story.