Kabanata XXXVII

Inis akong nakatingin sa sarili kong repleksyon sa vanity mirror sa aking harapan. Alam ko naman na ganito ang kahahantungan ng itsura ko pero bakit kasi ngayon pa ako tinawagan ng lalaking yon.

Kunot-noong nakatingin ako sa sarili kong mga mata na mugto dahil sa pag-iyak magdamag. My heart and my mind is still fighting against my will.

Ngunit ang namuong iritasyon ay kailangan kong pakalmahin nang tumunog ang cellphone na nakapatong sa aking hita.

"Hello?" I answered after I took a very deep breath whilst closing my eyes hardly.

"Hey Kelsie, it's me Riva." Napadilat ako ng mga mata nang maulinigan ang pamilyar niyang boses.

Riva was once a model at the bikini open that was held at casa.

"H-hey."Muntik ko ng saktan ang sarili nang maramdaman ang pagkailang sa aking tinig.

She chuckled lightly. "No need to be formal..." She cleared her throat. "I am here to let you know that I had a talked to the chief executive of my modelling agency and she would like to meet you one of this days."

Tila tumigil ang pag-ikot ng mundo ko sa nadinig. My eyes widen I brushed my lips on what I'd heard just now. "F-for?" I even had to take a deep breath.

I heard she chuckled and shh the other line. "Kasi may event kami na kailangan ng idea, nagagalit na kasi yung chief officer kasi wala kaming maibigay na bago, so I came up to show her your accessories' pictures and like me, she was captivated..."she said giggling. "She wants to meet you as soon as possible to design for us...for this event."

Kelsie, this is your chance to prove yourself to the world again. To show the world that even how much it degrade you, hurted you and just no one was here for you, you had endured it. You are strong enough to take revenge. Not by hurting them emotionally like they did, but showing that how much you'd become stronger because of all the pain you'd suffered through.

Namumuo ang luha sa mga mata ko habang nanginginig ang kamay ko na nakahawak pa sa aking labi na kumikibot din. I even blinked once and secretly pinched my cheeks para mapaniwalang hindi ako nananaginip.

"Sure. S-sure. No problem with that. I can go there whenever you are not busy."

She chuckled on the  other line. "Ako dapat nagsasabi niyan..."she sighed. "You can go here if your schedule wasn't that hectic."

I tilted my head and nodded joyously. "Sige. I'll just drop by there at one."

I heard her gasps—parang 'di pa ito makapaniwala. "Really?" she was surprised. I guess. "I mean for real?"

I nodded like she was seeing me. "Yep."

"Sure. I'll just informed Miss Sentiban that you'll be here in any time of the day. She will be happy to see you."

Asar na palipat-lipat ang tingin ko sa mga dresses na nakalatag sa lapag. Hati ang utak ko sa kung ano ang dapat isuot. My heart still wanted me to be known as Kelsie Jermaine I used before but my mind is setting on the idea of Kelsie who had her simple life at the casa.

At the end, I settled myself on my black cropped blazer and a white bastierre top that I paired with my black sailor pants. I chose my off-white platform pump for my footwear.

I left my wavy hair untucked and picked a small hair pin to looked more decent. I put a rosy pink lipstick for my lips and a tint for my cheeks before blending it with powder.

Nang masiguro ko na maayos na at desente ang itsura ko ay kinuha ko na ang tote bag ko at lumabas ng silid.

My eyes widen in shocked as I saw Khielve smiling and chuckling whilst protecting his daughter from Ash. Ashton was holding a water gun whilst pointing at them. Bago pa ako makagawa ng ingay ay naunahan na ako ng mga mata noya na tumingin sa aking direksyon.