Kabanata XVI

I'd been a daddy's girl since the day I knew the truth about him. Having another family is like ruining ours and choosing them than us felt like he already forget about us, me.

I was sitting on the couch whilst patiently waiting for Khielve to arrive. We promised each other to meet and have a date. We both don't have a time for each other that's why we planned this.

"You are always like that! Bakit ba hindi mo kami mapili-pili!" Mabilis akong napabaling kay Mommy na kasunod na bumaba ni Daddy na pabaa ng hagdan. Hindi pa nila ako napapansin dahil abala sila sa pagbabatuhan ng argumento.

"Kierra, we thad talked about this, right?" My dad calmly said as he was carrying a two big luggages on both of his hands.

"Fuck that! Kelsie wanted you to attend on her graduation. It is a week from now," galit na saad ni mommy.

"I know, but they needed me." Nang nasa panghuling baitang na sila ay roon lamang nila ako napansin.

I smiled at mommy and nodded. "It's okay, mom. Maybe the c-company needed him." That is what she wants. Gusto niyang manatiling walang alam si daddy na wala akong alam.

Mabilis at sunud-sunod ang ginawang pag-iling ni mommy kasabay nang pag-una niya kay Daddy para pigilang lumabas ng bahay. "No!"

"Kierra ano ba!" kita ko na ang iritasyon sa mga mata niya. Mabilis ang naging pagtayo ko sa aking pagkakaupo para lapitan si Mommy.

I gently held her arms and hugged her back.

Matapang ang mga mata ni Mommy habnag nakatingin kay Daddy. She even wiped her tears aggressively. "No David! You choose now! Pagod na pagod na rin ako!"

My heart sank as I saw how Daddy walked away from us. He didn't even looked back as he put his things on his car.

My mom's sobs made me cry with her.  I only hugged her tight as she collapsed on our floor.

"Ang daddy mo," she cried.

I wiped her tears and kissed her temples. "Mommy shhh, you can make it."

She just nod and tried to smiled as she calmed down. Tumayo na rin siya matapos ang ilang minuto ng kanyang pagkalma.

I smiled at her as she caressed my cheeks gently. "I have you, that's enough for me."

I know that it isn't but I also knew that she wanted to cope up. She wanted to be okay for the both of us.

She kissed my temple as she heard a car's horn. Siguradong si Khielve na yon dahil huling basa ko sa message niya ay malapit na siya. "Your prince charming is here already," she teased that made my cheeks burned.

"Mommy," I warned her but she just laughed. I let her teased me just for her to forget Daddy.

But I was wrong... Totally wrong.

'Di ako mapakali habang nakaupo sa passenger's seat. Pabalik-balik ang tingin sa akin ni Khielve habang tahimik lang siyang nagmamaneho.

"Is everything, okay? " he worriedly asked.

I sighed and glanced at my phone. I texted Yaya Minda to watched over Mommy. 'Di kasi ako mapakali lalo na't alam ko na kinikimkim niya lang ang sakit sa pang-iiwan ni Daddy.

I shook my head and tried to smile. "I was just worried. "

"For? " he asked again. I just smiled and bent to his side to kissed his cheeks.