𝟬𝟰𝟰. 𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲

molly's pov

i walked into the sway house and slumped down on the couch, exhausted. i had finally gotten to tell nick how much he'd hurt me and it felt good. i felt free, like i could finally move on and be happy without my ex.

"it's 3pm, do you guys wanna do something fun?" bryce asks, winking at kio. i'm confused, but i choose to ignore it. "like what?" i ask, sitting up straight. "i'm thinking the beach," bryce smiles. i jump up out of my seat and run over to grab nessa. "yes yes yes! we need to go back to our apartment and get ready really quickly since i haven't been there in a few days, we'll be back, don't leave without us!" i yell, pulling nessa out the door.

we arrive back at our apartment, running inside to change and freshen up. "you seem excited," nessa says grinning. "of course i am, you know how much i love the beach. plus i really needed this after today."

"we're back!" i yell, running into the sway house. "took you long enough," bryce says, sighing. it's gonna be 6pm by the time we get there." he groans. "what's the rush? plus this is perfect, the sun will be setting right when we get there." kio comes up behind me, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulders. "before you were the one rushing us but now it's not a big deal," he laughs, carrying me to the car.

we arrive at the beach to see the sun setting. as we're all sitting in the car, i stop to admire the view before kio grabs my arm and pulls me onto the sand. i look at him, confused before he sighs. he seems nervous. 

"so, this is where i first kissed you 3 months ago," he says as i begin to blush, nodding my head. "um, and since then we've gotten so much closer, which i didn't think was possible because you were like my best friend before, but now i feel like i know everything about you and you know everything about me." i smile up at him as he continues. "lately i've been wanting more and more to make things official, so molls, will you be my girlfriend?" i smile widely, looking up at him. "yes," i say nodding my head. kio's look of nervousness turns to a smile and he puts his lips on mine as our friends begin to cheer. our moment is perfect, and although we're not alone, it feels like it's just him and i as the sun sets behind us.