Chapter Twenty- Eight

Eric had been deceived and by time he realized what happened it was too late. He should have known that when his father called him in to work to talk about the rouges that he would end up staying longer and doing what ever paper work his father did not finish. Every so often he would check his phone to Giselle had called or messaged him. The last time they spoke with one another was when he left for the day. He frowned when he realized she hadn't called. It wouldn't hurt to call her, he thought.

He called her and the phone went straight to voice-mail. It wasn't like Giselle to let her phone die, even if she was busy it would have ranged for awhile. Next, he tried to call some of the guys he left there to watch her. No answer as well. Now he was starting to worry. As an Alpha he pack mates knew better than to not answer their phones. They better not be fucking pulling a prank on me or so help me I will put each of them on cleaning and baby sitting duties for a year.

He even tried Josie since today she had requested off, maybe they were all out together somewhere where they can't use their phones. But his instinct was screaming at him that something was wrong. Then he remembered the mate bond he had with Giselle, it was rare that they used it to connect with other. Eric opened the connection and was met with quietness. Not the usual soft humming he got when she was asleep or the rush of emotions that came though. It was the quietness that came with having no bond, but that was impossible. Had Giselle figured how to server the bond completely? Why would she do that? Eric thought their relationship was perfect. If not, he was going to find out.

Eric told one of the pack members still working at the office to inform his father that he was leaving for the night and would talk to him tomorrow. He packed up his things and rushed to his car, leaving all the employees staring curiously at his back. Less than an hour later he arrived home. His heart stopped when noticed the front door still open as well as all the windows. There seemed to be a slight fog surrounding the house, in fact it was leaving the house. He got out the car and walked to the house.

For a moment he thought the house might have been on fire but there was no flames or charred marks around the outside of the house. Could be a kitchen fire and they were airing out the house, he thought. The guys could have decided to cook and instead burnt the food. He wouldn't put it pass them, he might have been able to cook but most of the other guys would somehow managed to burn cereal. Eric was still amazed that werewolves, who were known to have high metabolisms did not know how to cook.

The fog like smoke did not smell like burnt food, it was odorless. Eric stopped about three feet from the door and listened for a moment. The t.v was on but no voices could be heard. Not of anyone, his men were uncontrollable when it came to being quiet while watching t.v. His nerve finally got the best of him and he ran in the house call out for Giselle.

He debated on whether or not he should go check upstairs but he figured she might have gone to watch t.v with the guys for awhile. Upon arriving into the room with the t.v he saw that all the guys appeared to be sleeping. His rage at this made his eyes change into his wolf's. He was getting ready to forcibly wake them up until he noticed Giselle was not among them. There was a slight relief feeling at that, he wasn't sure how he would react if he saw her sleeping in one of their arms.

Probably tear their arm off, then rip them apart.

As he went up the stairs and approached their room he saw Josh sleeping by the door. Now he knew something was wrong, Josh was his Beta and took job seriously even with his overly excited personality. He frowned but kept going, stepping over Josh in the process. Josh wouldn't mind, he would have done the same.

Eric opened the door and was met with an empty room. Even the bathroom was empty. He called out her name one more time in hopes that she would respond and was met with silence. He ran back out to the hall and furiously shook Josh awake. The force of his shakes made it take only a couple of tries. Josh eyes slowly opened and appeared to be dull and blank.

Eric, in his rage, did not notice this, "WHERE IS SHE?" He yelled. Josh just stared at him but not quite seeing him. For that, Eric shook him again, "WHERE IS SHE?" He yelled again but this time he flared his power.

Josh eyes instantly became aware and was met with the sight of his angry Alpha's rage filled wolf eyes. He didn't know what was going on, one moment he was standing by Giselle and Eric's room, the next he staring up at his Alpha. He swallowed before speaking in a calming voice, "Who are you talking about?"

"WHO DO YOU THINK."

"Ah right, Giselle. She was downstairs, didn't you see her on the way up?"

Eric narrowed his eyes and calmed a before speaking, "Of course I didn't see her I went into the room where the guys were watching t.v and couldn't find her instead the guys were-"

"Impossible. She just went down there a couple of minutes ago. Josie came over and I came up here to get her since the guys were too busy yelling and screaming over the Taken movies."

"Josie's not down there and neither is Giselle. How long ago did you say she went downstairs."

"Couldn't have been five minutes."

"I've been here for more than five minutes."

"But how could you not have seen her we just-" Josh stopped and his face grew grim, "Unless we've been unconscious for awhile."

"What happened after Giselle went down to greet Josie?"

"Well from what I remember I started to get a little tired, then next thing I know you're waking me."

"Damn it," Eric punched the wall, "What the hell is going on here?"

"Maybe I can shine a little light on this situation," A voice Eric knew without any doubt.

"Damein," Eric growled out.

"Hey there bro it been a while," Damein smirked.

Eric didn't bother with to here him out anymore, he shifted into his wolf and went straight for Damein's throat. Just as he reached him Damein spoke again.

"Now, Now big bro if you kill me how will you be able to find Giselle. After all, I did see who took her."

"Why didn't you stop them?" Josh questioned.

''Why would I? Besides I have my own beef with these people so I figured if they wanted her bad enough why not use her bait?

"You bastard," Eric roared as he changed back.

"I know and you know very well the truth of that statement," Damein responded coldly, "I'm not as bad as you think Eric I did give her a warning."

"Impossible."

"I did, when I was in her room and you were too busy at work. Should I tell you of how lovely she looks when she sleeps? Maybe of how beautiful her eyes are when you're within kissing distance of her? But you would know wouldn't you-"

Eric didn't give him a chance to finish, he was too busy going for his throat again.