Chapter 1

Lauren's POV

I had no idea why I was even going to this camp. Seriously Mom? Sure I liked to occasionally do weed and drink, but everyone does that. The only thing that you could hear in the car ride there was silence and The Script occasionally blaring out of my headphones. My Mom tried to speak, but I just continued to listen to my music and tune her out. In about 20 minutes, I was going to arrive at Camp Friendship. Just my luck. What did I even do to deserve this crap?

"Lauren, hunny. We need to talk before you get there. You're going to be gone for the whole summer and I'm not sure if there's going to be phone service," she explained.

I yanked my headphones out as soon as I heard no phone service.

"What?! What kind of camp is this? A freaking hell hole? I was planning on spending my days going on tumblr and texting my friends! What am I going to do without service?!" I scream causing her to force her eyes shut as we stop at a red light.

"Lauren. You can probably write your friends and who knows? Maybe you will meet new ones.." she responds, trying to ease my anxiety.

"Yes, good day. Jolly good show. Let me write you a freaking letter chap!" I mimick in a british accent sarcastically.

"Very funny. We're going to be there any minute, so is there anything else you would like to say now that you have my attention?"

"Nope. Well actually...thanks for ruining my summer."

A few minutes pass and I spot a neon wooden sign with CAMP FRIENDSHIP painted on it. My Mom gets excited and starts cheering and pointing to the sign while I roll my eyes.

"Yick," I respond, pretending to gag.

We pull into the parking lot to find a bunch of children, mostly around middle school age, jumping around and rolling their suitcases into each other. Some old friends reunite with each other and others look as though they have just received a death sentence. I, on the other hand, looked as though I was a counselor instead of a camper. Parents asked me where to sign in and so on and so forth. Some kids cried, but most had probably done this every year and were used to it.

"Come on," my Mom motions for me to follow her toward the welcome table.

She finishes the sign up process and gives them our insurance card before hugging me goodbye and wishing me luck.

"Can it get any worse?" I mumble to myself.

"Can what get any worse?" a girl slightly younger than me asks, sitting down next to me.

"Nothing. I don't want to be here...whatever," I respond annoyed.

"It's not too bad. This is my third time coming here and I don't mind it anymore. I'm Lucy...what's your name?" she asks curiously.

"Lauren. Nice to meet you Lucy," I smile.

She nods her head and tells me that she will see me later because she has to meet up with some old friends.

I sit on the bench and try to text all of my friends that I might not have phone service in the stupid cabin.

More kids arrive and settle into their cabins by age group, mine being the last. Girls age 16-18 are the last ones to arrive at their cabin and put their stuff down before the first camp dinner.

I have not seen anyone over the age of fifteen and am beginning to think that this is going to be way worse than I thought.

"Girls! Ages 16-18!" the head counselor screams, motioning for the rest of us to walk toward her.

I look around to see a few other girls that do not look anywhere near my age follow her with me.

"Let's roll muchachos!" the counselor yells.

I don't acknowledge her existence and avoid eye contact while staring at the ground and following the dirt path. After a few minutes of walking which feel like hours, we arrive at a dingy cabin on a hill.

"Well here it is, ladies! Cabin 12!"

Hi everyone! It's the author of The New Girl (Camren) and Waiting to be Saved (a Demi Fanfic). This is my new story which is going to be about Camren at this camp. Please read the description to find more background information in case you are confused! I can't wait to continue writing and share all of the ideas that I have for this story. Add this to your library for updates if you want :)