Chapter 14

Lauren's POV

Everything needed to be perfect. I didn't want anything less for Camila...because she was perfect to me. I told her I was going to set up for the date and had a few of the younger counselors help me get some of the things I needed. There was a few stores close by and it was easier for them to leave.

After preparing for our date, I decided to go back and get Camila. I always got nervous before dates...but not the nervous that someone feels before getting a test back. A good type of nervous. It was the feeling of butterflies in your stomach and that jittery feeling only true love causes.

I opened our cabin door to find Camila laying down comfortably in her bunk, reading Paper Towns. She had told me that she had already read it three times, but never got sick of it. I don't even think she noticed me coming in because she was that into the book. Her nose was scrunched up as her eyes moved back and forth, analyzing each and every word. The way her eyes widened and eyebrows furrowed just made watching her read even more cute. I hated to interrupt something so adorable, but I also knew that we didn't have much time either.

"Camz..." I whispered, slowly approaching her bunk.

"Hey! Sorry I was just reading...you all set?" She asked smiling as she hopped onto the ground, revealing her  stunning outfit.

"Damn," I mumbled, biting my lip just at the sight of her.

She blushed and shook her head. I could see how perfect her eyeliner was as well as the shimmery eye shadow she had done when she had shut her eyes briefly. She wore a short, black skater skirt and a white crop top, revealing some skin. My mouth was still open as she slipped on her wedges and walked toward me.

"Oh..come on, Lauren! I don't even look good," she replied, being humble as usual.

"Never. Say. That. Again. You're a princess," I interlaced our fingers and opened the door so that we could walk to the beach.

"What do you have planned, Ms. Jauregui?"

"Hmmm..well I wanted to just spend some alone time with you in a nice setting. Then you decided to look like you were going to some kind of a wedding...which I don't mind at all. I just feel bad that I'm still in my shorts and tank top.." I shrugged my shoulders, hoping that I had not dissapointed her. She looked at me in awe that I would say such a thing and shook her head.

"No! Don't say that! I wanted to do this for you..you never have to get dressed up. You look perfect in anything," she complimented me, always knowing what to say.

"Well I don't know about that...but we only have about an hour, so let me show you what I have set up for our date."

She nodded her head and followed me until we reached where she could see.

"Awww. Lauren!!" She squealed, placing both of her hands over her mouth.

We approached the dock, where I had set up candles, flowers and food, as well as other things. She immediately hugged me and ran onto the dock, pulling me to follow after her.

"You brought Nutella!! And ritz crackers, bananas and chocolate!! My favorite things...Lauren this is so sweet," she smiled, as we sat down next to each other, taking off our shoes to put our feet in the water.

She started smelling the roses I had brought her and eating everything in sight, which made me very happy. Within 20 minutes, I had officially broken camp rules when a pizza man arrived.

"One large pizza for...umm Camila?" He asked, holding it up. He squinted his eyes, but did not step foot on the dock, probably not wanting to interrupt. 

"Lauren!!!! Pizza too?? Yay!!" She cheered, taking the pizza eagerly. I paid the man who was very confused and sat back down next to her, placing my hand on her knee.

"Thank you for everything. The food...the flowers...bringing my favorite things..everything," she started before I handed her a card.

It was really little with her name written in script on it. She opened it carefully and read it to herself.

Camila,
I hope you're enjoying our date. I know it's not much...but I just want you to know that I listen when you tell me things. I tried to bring your favorite things..and although I couldn't get everything, this is just another way of me telling you that I love you. Before you read anymore, look to your right and press play.

I slid over my iPod and she pressed it, instantly playing Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran.

"Oh my god!!! I love this song. You really do listen.." She winked, continuing to read the note.

I'm always planning things in my head because I want nothing but the best for you. I love you so much and I have one other question. Will you go swimming with me?

I raised my eyebrows and lifted my shoulders, waiting for a response.

"Ok first...you are literally the most caring and cutest person in this world. Second..I would love to, but we don't have our bathing suits and it's too late to go back and get them. We only have twenty more minutes," she replied sadly, looking down.

"I know," I said, kinking my eyebrow and taking off my shorts and top slowly.

"I see where you're going with this.." She smirked, copying exactly what I was doing.

I blew out the candles and set up the towels next to the ladder of the dock so that we had them when we got out.

"I don't think I'm wearing the right underwear..." She giggled, taking off her skirt.

"Don't worry..." My eyes widened as I bit down on my lip.

We quietly entered the water, which was not very deep because we didn't know what was in there. She wrapped her legs around my back and kissed me passionately. I pushed her wet hair behind her ear and kissed from her shoulder up to her neck. Her hands explored my back as she kept pulling me closer to her body. After about ten minutes, we got out and dried off, placing towels around our bodies.

I disposed of the food, knowing some flies could have gotten to it and placed the rest of the items in my backpack for safe keeping.

"My legs hurt..." Camila whined, poking my cheek with a puppy face.

"Fine...only because I love you.." I whispered, lifting her up as she smiled.

I carried her all the way back to our cabin without much struggle. Everyone was already asleep, even Brittney. We settled in my bunk and cuddled until the counselors came in to call lights out.