Chapter 18

Lauren's POV

The warm wind rustled through the palm trees surrounding me, almost as if reminding me of what was happening. I took many deep breathes, walking over rocks and around people to get back on the trail that led back to my cabin. On the trail, there was a small pond that had definitely been man made. It had a small antique bench next to it looked like something I would have reblogged on tumblr. Without much hesitation, I took a seat and collected my thoughts. 

---

I opened the door to our cabin door and out of pure instinct, looked around to try and find Camila. I ran my hand through my hair at the sight of no one except Emily in our cabin. She jumped off her bunk and crawled over to me. Her neon suspenders lifted her shorts way too high and everything about her outfit made me feel uncomfortable. Especially, her light up sneakers.

"What's wrong? You have looked sad lately..." she reminded me, poking at my knee obnxiously. She never bothered to get up off of the ground and I didn't expect her to.

"Sometimes things happen that make me sad...and it sucks. I'm sorry for any negative energy," I mumbled, stepping around her.

"It's ok!!" she screamed as I walked into the bathroom.

Brittney was touching up her makeup for who knows what reason and I was confused as to why she wasn't wearing her headphones. I gave her a quick smile and she shockingly returned it. 

"Lauren...I need to talk to you," she said seriously, leading me back to the bunks. I wasn't sure if she wanted me to sit or not, so I decided to just stand next to her awkwardly. 

Despite her attitude, she had been acting a lot more nice and her outfits were always on point. She was wearing a striped crop top with ripped black shorts and a pair of white converse. Her aviators were usually on top of her head and her style could have been classified as preppy with a sense of edge. 

"What's this about?" I asked curiously.

"Listen...I know this is really hard to believe. I was there when that whole thing happened with Austin and Camila. He did force her and she immediately shoved him off...she really does love you and cares about your relationship more than anything. You don't have to believe me...but you should because it's the truth," she explained before calming down and sitting down in her bunk.

"Thank you for telling me that...it does help. I think I'm going to get my girlfriend back...I'm such an idiot for not believing her," I admitted, shaking my head. 

"No problem," Brittney responded as I left the cabin to look for Camila.

---

Camila's POV

I sat down on the cool sand and looked out toward the water, taking everything in. The smell of salt water and the sound of waves crashing onto the shore, everything just calmed me down. I bit down on the inside of my cheek and looked around to see if anyone was coming. My pale skin almost shined under the sun's rays and I was praying for at least a small tan.

"Camila!' a familiar voice yelled from behind me, causing me to jump up.

I spun around to find Lauren rushing over to me and playfully tackling me into the sand. She straddled me and intertwined our fingers. I could feel her warm breath against my cheek and started to think that everything was finally going to turn around.

"Hey babe," she whispered, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear gently.

"What happened Lolo?" I whispered, biting my lip.

"I believe you and I'm an idiot for thinking that you would do something to hurt me. I love you and hope that we can move past this," she admitted, taking a deep breath and looking into my eyes apologetically.

"Of course I do. Let's just pretend that that never happened and make sure that Austin learns his lesson," I replied, pressing my lips against hers passionately.

"Will do. Now when are we going to go on that date you were planning?" she winked, pinching my cheeks. 

"Whenever you want to...I have everything set up."

"Hm.....how about we spend tonight just "chilling" and do it tomorrow or the day after?" she suggested.

"Sure...but I can't wait any longer than that," I smiled, playfully shoving her off of me and to the side. I placed my head on her chest and could feel her rapid pulse.

"I didn't realize I made you this excited," I giggled, poking her side.

"Stop...I love you," she replied, pulling me closer to her body.

"I love you too...now let's get back to cabin. You're torturing me and it's almost curfew," I chuckled, winking suggestively.

I really needed to thank Brittney...for everything. She helped me get Lauren back and suddenly all of my problems went away when I was with her. I felt bad about the whole Lamp Level problem and wanted to remind her that I was there for her if she needed anything. I would definitely do that...but after tonight which I'm spending alone with Lauren.