Chapter 29

Camila's POV

"Babe? What's going on?" Lauren asked, her tone suddenly changing to sound more serious and worried at the same time.

I took another deep breath and glanced around the room, shaking my head at the thought of what I was about to bring up. She never took her eyes off of me as I practically cringed not knowing where to begin. I collected my thoughts as quickly as I could and met her gaze immediately after.

"We can't escape from talking about this for forever. Camp ends in two days...we have two days left. What are we going to do...how are we going to keep in touch?" I blurted out. "What's going to happen?"

She pressed her hand against her forehead, obviously overwhelmed with all of the questions I was asking. I could see how anxious and nervous she was getting and knew that I had to wait patiently for her to come up with answers.

"I don't know..." she mumbled upset, her eyes now focused on the ground. 

"Babe...do your parents know that you like girls? Because I just told my parents about a month before I came to camp that I did and they claim that I'm just confused. I don't know how they're going to deal with this or if they'll accept us...but I don't care," I finished, intertwining our fingers securely.

"My parents know and they'll love you...I know they will. I guess I was just so caught up in the moment that I forgot we live in different places. I put it off and eventually just forgot about it all together...I don't know how it happened," she admitted as she scrached her head nervously.

"Well you still want to continue this relationship...right?" I asked, taking a seat next to her so that I was able to face her completely.

"Yes. I mean...I don't know. I love you so much and you know that, but we would need to take a plane at least for part of the way to visit each other. Neither of us are made of money and we have school. We could come back here in the summer for camp and see each other then," she suggested hesitantly, placing both of her hands in her hair.

I looked at her in awe and cleared my throat loudly. How could she be saying those things as if nothing mattered? I crossed my arms in front of my chest and tried to contain the tears I could feel coming on.

"Are you serious? You want to throw this all away until next summer?" I asked truly hurt. "If this means as much to you as it does to me...you wouldn't be able to wait that long. I love you and I don't know what I would do without you Lauren. I was only able to live without before because I didn't know you. Distance won't change anything for me."

She darted her eyes around the room and took many deep breaths before responding.

"I'm just trying to think of what's best for us. I don't want to make it harder if we can't even see each other face to face until a year later. Of course I love you and I want to be with you...but we have to be realistic at some point Camz," she admitted, getting choked up towards the end.

"Realistic? If y-you really cared about me you would at least try!" I yelled, already sobbing. "What happened to we'll be together forever? You didn't probably mean any of that."

"Of course I meant it all and I do care about you! Camila if you really want to try this then I will try it too. But I don't want distance to ruin something as perfect as what we have," she said, brushing the hair out of my face gently and wiping away my tears.

"I know what you mean. I can't live without you though...you don't understand," I whimpered, crying into her shoulder uncontrollably.

"I do understand baby. I'm just scared....I don't want to lose you."

We layed in each others arms for awhile and talked about how we would handle the distance. Just talking about everything and preparing for the worst scared us. We both wanted to be with each other one hundred percent of the time...and it just wouldn't be possible during the school year. 

"So we'll only see each other through a computer screen?" I asked sadly.

"Unfortunately...but maybe during the holidays and breaks we can visit each other. This is going to work...don't worry Camz. As long as we stay positive...nothing can break us."

"I really hope so. So we can text, skype, call, and send each other things. Plus I have some of your stuff and you have some of mine...just in case it gets really bad. I'm going to miss you so much," I whispered, trying to hold myself together.

"I'm going to miss you more than anything...but we're still together right now. Let's make the most of it," she smiled before kissing me on the cheek.

"You're right. We have each other's numbers...we don't have to plan anything right now. I love you."

"I love you too," she said as she bit down on her lip and gathered everything she had brought, placing it into her backpack and then onto her back.  

"Lauren!!" I screamed after she had picked me up wedding style and carried me out of the greenhouse.

"To the cabin!" she giggled, picking up her pace.