Chapter 3

Lauren's POV

She was stunning. My first impression of her could not have been better. As soon as the door to the cabin I used to think was a torture chamber opened, I was hoping it was someone to save me and let me leave. She was better.

"Hello ladies! I hate to interrupt....well there doesn't seem to be anything to interrupt actually. This is the newest member and most likely the last member of Cabin 12, Camila Cabello," Ann introduced her proudly, smiling at each of us and then exiting quietly.

"Hi Camila.. I'm Emily! Aw I love you so much already!! We're going to be the best of friends!" a little red headed girl screamed while hugging Camila so tightly that she couldn't breathe. 

"Um....nice to meet you?" Camila responded, unsure what to do.

Unfortunately I was greeted the same way by Emily moments before who proceeded to sneeze on me and tell me that it was a sign of bestieness..whatever that is. She asked me what shampoo I used and started going through my bag afterwards. The other three girls were Brittney, Jessica and Patricia. Brittney refused to talk to anyone despite who they were or what their personality was. All she cared about was her friends back home and some band no one had ever heard of. She also had an obsession with a boy from twitter who refused to follow her back.

Jess was nice and probably the most normal and Patricia was really shy and kind of a lonely person in general. Her mom sent her to the camp because she refused to speak to anyone else except her cat. Jess immediately walked up to Camila and introduced herself before giving her a quick hug.

"I'm Jess. I love pop music, reading and watching reality tv shows. That's all there really is to me. Oh and I have been going to this camp since I was 10..so if you have any questions you can ask me. Nice to meet you, Camila," she said with a smile proceeding with a hug. 

"Nice to meet you too."

Afterwards, she returned to listening to music and set up posters for different bands on the walls. Patricia smiled weakly at Camila and then waved before speaking a little bit.

"H-hi. I'm Patricia....you can call me Patty if that's easier. It's nice to meet you," she mumbled hesitantly and then immediately returned to reading The Great Gatsby.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Camila and I love books also," she responded trying to be as friendly as possible to such a reserved girl.

I couldn't help but stare at Camila's long brown hair and her outfit that was as on point as it could be. A pair of high waisted shorts and a white crop top that tied in the front perfectly. She wasn't wearing much makeup, but she didn't need it. At all.

A few minutes went by before I realized I had never introduced myself. Crap. How could I be such an idiot?!

"I'm so sorry...I forgot to properly introduce myself. I'm Lauren. Lauren Jauregui. My Mom sort of forced me to come here and I've been out of it ever since they opened the door to this cabin. I like tumblr, watching movies and listening to music. It's nice to meet you Camila," I said, trying to play it cool although the prettiest girl I had ever seen was standing right in front of me. 

I was at a loss for words. Why would she come here for camp? She probably has a hot boyfriend, millions of friends, is captain for cheerleading, etc.

"Nice to meet you too Lauren. I love everything you mentioned," she smiled brightly.

I was at a loss for words and just nodded my head with my mouth open, staring at her. I could tell she was confused as to why I was pratically drooling, but I couldn't help it.

"Brit! Come on and introduce yourself!" Jess yelled so that Brittney could hear her over the music she was blasting.

"Fine. You know this is the last time you say anything to me...especially while I listen to Lamp Level. Who are you?!" she asked annoyed.

"I-I'm Camila. I'm sorry to bother you," Camila responded unsure what to say.

"Well now you know....don't freaking do anything or say anything whether you're about to collapse or not. Especially while I am listening to Lamp Level. I freaking can't take the people at this camp!" Brittney screamed and then instantly put her headphones back on.

I gave Camila a "whatever" look and then rolled my eyes because Brittney was ridiculous. Camila shrugged her shoulders and started to unpack her suitcase. I could tell she was a little shaken up and upset. 

"Do you want help?" I asked, trying to seem as nonchalant as possible.

"Um...I don't want to be a bother..it's ok," she replied shyly.

Stupid Brittney. 

"You're not a bother! Please let me help, Camila," I pratically begged, already settling down next to her suitcase.

"Ok...but if you don't want to-"

"I don't want to. I would love to," I cut her off.

She smiled and nodded her head, but I started shaking my head at the thought of how cheesy that probably sounded.

"Guys come on it's 6! It's our cabin's turn to go to the mess hall..we shouldn't be late on the first day," Jess yelled as she opened the door and then ran down the steps.

We all followed her except Brittney, who didn't move an inch from where she was sitting.