Chapter 23

Camila's POV

I woke up to the sound of banging on my door as I squirmed out of Lauren's arms and opened it to see who it was. I rubbed my eyes to find Vero looking half asleep and barely stable, standing in front of me.

"I. can't. take. it. anymore," she whispered, pausing after each word for a moment as she rubbed her temples in frustration.

"W-what happened?" I asked, trying to understand where she was going while I was still not fully awake. It was about two hours before the normal wake up time and I was not used to getting up this early, nor was she.

"That weird girl...I forget her name. She tried to pants me while I was sleeping and then she started singing songs from the seventies. I fell asleep after I thought she understood to leave me alone...and I woke up with her laying down next to me...awake," she mumbled with a terrified expression, darting her eyes around the room to make sure she wasn't around.

I could tell that she had practically gotten no sleep and saw that the room was even more of a mess. Although I didn't want to, I figured I had to have a talk with Emily about how out of control everything had become. It had come to the point where no one was able to tolerate her, or her behavior, anymore and Brittney started to sleep with her headphones on.

"Oh my god...she's crazy. I'm sorry. I think we're kind of used to it...you should have slept here," I thought out loud, feeling guilty for putting her through all of that.

"It's fine...and you two weren't helping either. I understand you love each other and all...but that went on for forever! I ship Camren, but damn," she chuckled, shaking her head.

"Sorry.." I blushed, trying to cover up how embarrassed I was.

"It's ok! Would you mind if I slept for a little bit on the top bunk above you both?" 

"Go for it. I'm going to go talk to Emily," I replied, stepping into the other room to find Emily digging through Brittney's suitcase.

"Emily.." I whispered, poking her arm gently.

"Camila!! Wanna do something? I'm bored," she responded loudly.

"Shh..we don't want to wake anyone up. Maybe later...but I wanted to talk to you. You can't destroy the room like this because we have to clean it up afterwards and it takes a long time. I think we should agree to only move around our own things and maybe try to keep it a little bit more quiet at night. Sometimes it's hard to fall asleep..and that's not your fault, but if we're all quiet it will make it easier. Does that sound ok?" I asked, praying that she wouldn't fight me on it.

"Yeah cool! I'm sorry...I just get really bored and I ran out of things to do!" she screamed, jumping up and down.

"See..it's ok, but you're a little too loud still. Let's work on that and maybe we can have that karoake party some time?" I suggested, hoping that it would encourage her to follow through with the plan.

"Yes!! Karoake in our underwar," she whispered with a smile.

"Maybe we can leave that part out," I giggled.

---

Lauren's POV

We opened the door to the recreation room to find a group of kids sitting in chairs in front of a tv. Ally was scrolling through Netflix to find a movie as they shouted out some of their favorites. Camila intertwined our fingers and led me to sit in the back row with her as Vero followed behind us. She sat a few seats away next to one of the older male counselors, which was typical for her.

"Do you think she'll actually get his number?" Camila smirked.

"You never know. She has a way with words," I joked, pulling Camila to sit in my lap before the movie started.

Ally decided on The Fault in Our Stars because it was pretty much appropriate for everyone there and no one was against watching it. Some of the girls complained that they didn't want to cry and ruin their makeup, but they eventually gave in.

"Ally's so adorable," I admitted, placing my hands around Camila's waist.

"I know right. She's so cute even though she's older than us," she added, rubbing my arm softly as the movie began.

Ally finally spotted us and her face instantly lite up as she ran towards us with the biggest smile on her face. Her hair was in a high ponytail and you could spot her neon outfits, which were always on point, from a mile away.

"You came!! Aw...ya'll are so perfect together. It's nice to officially meet you Lauren. Your girlfriend is so sweet and loves you so much...it's so cute," she giggled, ecstatic to see that we were there.

"Aw. It's so nice to meet you Ally! Aren't you just the cutest person in this world, Camz? If only you knew that I loved you more," I smiled, moving her hair to her other shoulder.

"Not possible," she replied, biting down on her lip.

Ally looked between us and smiled, truly happy that we were so in love. She mumbled a few awes before realizing that two boys were pushing each other.

"Oh my. Well I'm so happy for you both...hopefully we can talk more later. I have to go break this fight up."

I pressed my lips softly against Camila's collarbone as everyone remained to stay too focused on the movie to realize what we were up to. She tried to swat my hand away, but I wasn't giving up so easily. I placed my hands on her hips to keep her from moving too much and started kissing her neck. I knew she wanted more, but I didn't want to scar any of the kids so I decided to stop. She wanted to kill me for teasing her throughout the movie, especially during the sad parts.

"L-Lauren...you're such a tease," she giggled, pressing the back of her head against my forehead.

"You love it," I joked, tickling her sides.

"Fine...it's true."

"Thought so babe."

The movie ended and I could hear Camila sniffling as she shifted her arms to wipe away her tears. It broke my heart to see her crying, even if was only because of the movie. I decided to wipe away her tears and hold her in my arms to comfort her.

"Aw..don't cry baby," I whispered.

She turned her head and kissed me passionately, not caring if anyone was watching.