Chapter 31

Lauren's POV

The sun brightly peered through the window by my bed, instantly causing my eyes to open and as a result, waking me up from my peaceful slumber. I turned quietly to make sure that Camila was still by my side and eventually relaxed once I saw her still sleeping. I had almost gotten used to waking up with her next to me. As Patricia and Emily got up to get ready, I placed my arm around Camila and kissed the top of her head softly. 

Brittney had already been up packing since she had never gotten the chance to do it the night before. She and Rob decided that they should see how it goes, but not get their hopes up too much. They had both expressed their love for each other and agreed that they would never forget the summer that they spent together. Rob lived in New York and Brittney lived in Philadelphia...so the distance was not too bad. 

After a few minutes, Camila began to shift around and then opened her eyes. A big smile crept on her lips once her gaze met mine, but it soon disappeared once she realized the day we were dreading had finally come. 

"Morning babe," I smiled, instantly kissed her and avoiding the fact that it was our last day.

"Morning hottie," she giggled.

We layed in each others arms in silence, knowing that we couldn't escape what the day was going to bring. I stroked her hair gently and hummed to myself although I could feel the tears coming. I looked down at Camila to see that she was already crying, but trying to hold back.

"Camz...just remember that I love you. Nothing is going to change that...nothing ever will," I whimpered, holding her close to my body.

She nodded and mouthed I love you before burying her head in my chest and sobbing. 

---

Camila's POV

"Lauren...you could barely get me to change out of my pajamas.  How do you expect me to pack?" I whined, reaching for her hand before intertwining our fingers comfortably.

"Come on babe...just a few more things," Lauren encouraged me. "By the way I want you to have these."

She handed me one of her sweatshirts I almost always slept in, a t shirt of hers, and a stuffed tiger that I had low key stolen for a few nights. 

"Aw...it's ok Lauren. Those are your things."

She shook her head and immediately pressed the items back into my hands, not taking no for an answer.

"Thank you. I-I love you so much."

"I love you too Camz. If you ever miss me just put on my sweatshirt or hug the tiger...I know how much you love all of them. Plus you always have my journal...don't forget."

"I have something for you too," I started. "I want you to have a bottle of my perfume that you always badgered me to wear...it's not opened because I usually go through three bottles a month. Plus...I want you to have this snapback...it looks better on you."

"Thanks babe....even though it looks better on you. That perfume always drove me crazy," she admitted in a low voice, kissing my neck slowly. 

"L-Lauren...not here. We have to meet up with Ann in a few minutes," I reminded her. "Didn't you have enough last night?"

"It's never enough," she smiled.

I immediately blushed before Brittney tapped my shoulder. 

"Hey guys..before Ann talks to us and we all go crazy trying to find our family...I just wanted to say this. It's been an awesome summer with you both. I know I was an ass in the beginning...and I'm really sorry. I will never forget all of our memories and I want to keep in touch. I'll text you guys as much as possible and I really hope it works out with you two. Camren is my OTP...whoops. Thank you for being so nice to me and for making this summer unforgettable," she admitted before pulling us in for a group hug.

"Aw. Thank you too! I hope you and Rob work out as well. We need to hangout sometime," I replied.

"Yes! Camp reunion! I'll miss you Brit. I hope that we can all chill soon," Lauren added.

"Definitely. I'm going to go say bye to Rob...I'll hopefully see you both soon."

We waved goodbye as she wheeled her suitcase down the stairs and left us alone with Emily and Patricia. 

"I-meh she bam oh eh sa," Patricia squealed. She took her bags and ran down the cabin steps for dear life, leaving Lauren and I not shocked at all. I shrugged my shoulders and turned to face Emily who looked sort of upset.

"What's wrong Em?" I asked.

"Nothing really. I'm just going to miss you two. I'm going to miss camp. Although we never got to have that karoake party...it was still really fun," she smiled sadly. 

"Aw...maybe if we come back next year we can have it. Here I'll write down my number if you ever need anything," I replied, jotting it down on a post it note.

"I'll miss you too Emily...maybe we'll come back next year," Lauren added.

Emily nodded before giving us both hugs and leaving the cabin so that Lauren and I were alone with only  our luggage.

"So....I guess this is it?" I asked, pulling her hips towards mine.

She shook her head and cupped my cheeks, kissing me fully and with passion. My arms wrapped around her neck loosely as our lips moved in sync for awhile. 

"Nope. This is not the end...not at all. Let's leave this cabin before Ann calls 911 and thinks we went missing," she laughed.

I giggled before nodding and following her out of the cabin before we walked towards the Mess Hall and saw tons of cars and parents waiting in the parking lot. Ann was getting ready to give her speech as the last couple of campers strolled in.

"You ready?" Lauren asked.