Chapter 19: The Tour Part 3

I'm going to kill him. I am going to march into that dressing room, wrap my hands around his neck, and squeeze until the light in his eyes dies out. I can just imagine him this morning grabbing a setlist and writing on the back of it a little message just for me. "I love a girl on her hands and knees" ugh the words just make my skin crawl! Men will always have the audacity to pull tricks like this. Not only did Tae get Minho in a tizzy this morning, but he also got me to crawl around under the stage to find something he hid just like he had planned. Now I'm covered in dust on my new sweatshirt and he probably has a smug smile on his face.

I crumble the paper up in my fist and shove it into the pocket of my sweatshirt. I'll deal with him later. First I have to get this megaphone back to Minho. Running up the stairs and back onto the stage I offer it to him over the front of the stage, he swipes it from my hand with a mutter, "Well, it's about time," and then harrumphs away.

The view of the stadium is spectacular from here. You can see everything. I always thought I was invisible at concerts if I wasn't front row, but from the stage, you really do have a vantage point to see everything in front of you. I fight the urge to spin in a circle and pretend for just a moment that I'm the star on the stage and everyone is here to see me. How exhilarating it must feel to hear the roar of thousands of screaming fans and know that it's more you. I see how performing could be addicting. I'm only at the edge of the stage but oh how I wish I could strut out onto the catwalk. No one would really care if I did, but I'd be much too embarrassed to do it in front of all these people. Sighing, I head to the edge of the stage to hop down onto the floor. Looking down it seems pretty high and I really don't want to start the tour with a sprained ankle so I turn back around and find the boys staring at me.

Hobi runs up to me and picks me, swinging me around and around in his arms, which I am learning seems to be his signature move. "Rose isn't it glorious?! And it's all ours!" his booming voice echoes throughout the stadium and I feel goosebumps bread across my body. When he sets me down I give him a big hug, his joyful nature always an anchor in this crazy job.

Jimin comes out to me next and offers his mic to me, "Want to do my soundcheck for me?"

My immediate answers would be, hell fucking yeah I do! But I'm afraid of getting in trouble. I don't know why I have this constant fear of authority and how I'll somehow break a rule and be reprimanded. I'm the assistant to BTS, if Jimin wants help with his soundcheck then I am technically allowed to help him.

He must see how big my eyes have grown because he hands me his mic and starts skipping away across the stage. Namjoon watches his boyfriend skip away and shakes his head before he comes over and puts his arm around my shoulders.

"Guess you're apart of international Korean boyband sensation, BTS." He says and his voice booms through his mic and out to the stadium speakers.

"Woah," is all I can manage to say, and then my voice echoes. The way you hear the person on stage from the crowd is very different from how it sounds like one of those people on stage. Does that make any sense? I don't know! This whole thing is giving me vertigo.

Yoongi chooses to say a handful of swear words for his mid check which has Hobi and Jimin cracking up.

"Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin," Jin sings into his mic to the sound of Airplane Pt. 2 which actually causes Hoseok to fall to the floor in laughter.

Tae sings the words to some TikTok sound he's obsessed with and I glare at him the whole time. Namjoon gives me a questioning glance before he raps a couple of lines from Hamilton the musical and when he's done I just wave him off. I'll be sure to tell him later. Jungkook takes mic check very seriously and just says, "Check, check, check, check," until he gets a thumbs up from Paul the stage manager.