Chapter 4: The Rule

In the car on the way to the house, I cannot believe I have to face Jin and Jungkook so soon after having that dream. Usually, I don't remember my dreams that often, usually just hints and bits and pieces. But this dream I remember completely and in full. The way Jin's hand felt holding my face and the way it felt having Jungkook hold me by my hair...

I haven't been with anyone since I've been in Korea. My ex-boyfriend from college... I can't think about that now.

The problem at hand is currently how to control my breathing and the pink in my cheeks that keeps rising when I go over my dream again and again.

The skyline changes as the car heads to a new part of town and I find myself brought to yet another gated entrance. The boys and their management won't spare an ounce of privacy and I understand why AMRY's are dying for new information about the boys, and I guess videos and vlives isn't enough. But when you love someone—well I mean, when you're obsessed with someone—nothing ever feels like enough. The more content you get, it just makes you want more and more.

The car pulls up to a large white three-story house with grey trim and lots of windows. Windows, I notice, with the curtains wide open. The boys must feel very comfortable with this location if they don't feel the need to constantly hide. That makes me feel really happy for them, they deserve a space that is all their own where they can feel free.

I thank the driver and head up to the door, my heart is beating so fast I worry that it can be overheard outside my body.

Don't think about it, don't think about it, don't think about it! I chant to myself before knocking on the door.

I wait for what feels like thirty seconds with no response and then try knocking again.

This time I hear some shuffling around behind the door and sounds of complaining and then the door opens.

Hoseok opens the door, smiling his megawatt smile.

"Good morning, Rose!" he sing-songs to me, "the rest of the boys are getting ready, it won't be long now!"

I look at my watch and see that it is 8:57 am, pretty good timing on my part and the boys if things go according to plan.

When I walk in I find Tae and Jimin eating in the large kitchen, the black and white accents highlighted by their bright outfits. Jin is ready in a baby blue suit and is seated on the couch with his head tipped back, attempting to get a few more minutes of sleep before the busy day starts. Namjoon is pouring himself some coffee from a very fancy machine, and Jungkook and Yoongi are nowhere to be seen.

I sidle up next to Namjoon, "Mind if I have some coffee before we leave?"

He startles a little at the sound of my voice, and I make a mental note to be quieter in the morning when dealing with him.

He hands over his cup of black coffee, "Here take this, I'll make another cup,"

"No—I can't take your drink—"

"The machine is complicated, it will be faster since I know how to use it."

He gives me a small smile and I nod in reply, very grateful for the caffeine. I'm pouring some oat milk into my drink when I feel arms circle around me.

"Morning, noona," a voice mumbles into my ear.

Jungkook.

It makes me jump but I do my best not to show it.

"Morning, kookie..." I mumble.

I feel his smile on my neck.

"You know my nickname." He says and unwraps me.