Chapter 2: The Boys

I'm not working for some producer or some CEO, I'm an assistant to BTS. While I said I was new to the kpop universe, I meant that I wasn't up to date on all the history and what's popular right now, but you'd have to live under a rock to not know about them. Their faces are plastered on practically every street corner of the city, the music played on all stations of the radio. BTS is taking the world by storm, and I've been hired to assist them.

They all stand from their seats in what looks like an attempt to greet me but I'm a little too shell shocked to move just yet.

"Welcome, Rose." Mr. Lee says, "We were just having a meeting about this week's schedule and appearances."

He moves out from his chair and comes over to shake my hand. I take it and try to have a firm handshake but I feel like an undercooked noodle at best.

"These are the boys," he gestures to all seven members, "boys, this is Rose. She will be your new assistant."

From their standing position, they all give me a slight bow. I and I do my best to return it in a respectful way.

RM is the first to speak up. "Rose, thank you so much for joining our team, we will do our best to be good to you and hope you can in return be good to us." I nod my head in small little bounces.

"Y—yes of course. Thank you for having me, I will do my best to take care of all of you."

This seems to ease something in RM. "I'm Namjoon, and this in Yoongi, Tae, Jin, Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook." He goes around the table and introduces the members to me and when he motions to Jungkook I realize he was who I bumped into in the elevator earlier. I make a mental note to use these names and not their stage names, they must prefer them if that's how he introduced them.

Before I can reply, Mr. Lee takes control of the conversation.

"We're still in the middle of an important meeting, why don't you start with going to get all of us coffee. I'll make sure to give you a copy of the schedule later." And he ushers me out the door, closing it behind him with a loud thud.

Emilee loops her arm through mine, "Are you surprised?" she asks, her voice rising with her teasing.

I try to laugh but it comes out like a wheeze, "Yes, yes, I am very surprised. Actually, a little warning would have been nice."

"Where is the fun in that?"

As we head back through the coded door, I realize they never gave me their coffee orders.

I think Emilee can see the growing panic on my face because she is quick to cut in, "Don't worry, the café downstairs knows their orders, just go in and ask for BTS's usual. And Mr. Lee's too of course."

"How should I pay for them?"

"The café is free for all employees, don't worry. Get yourself something too while you're at it. BTS is one of the biggest groups at the company, you're going to need all the caffeine you can get."

She ushers me into the elevator and clicks the lobby button for me, but steps out before the doors close.

"Don't forget to get your new employee badge while you're down there," Emilee calls before the elevator doors shut.

I realize I've been clutching my notebook so tightly my knuckles have turned white.

Being assigned to one of the biggest kpop bands in the company was not who I thought I would be working for when I agreed to this interview. I still feel a little in shock...

As I'm descending, the elevator stops, and more people get on. A few people here and there and then on the 5th floor, two of the members of Twice get into the elevator and I feel like I'm falling through the floor.