Chapter 12: The Day Off

A knock on the door startles me and water splashes over the side of the tub. Fuck.

"Rose? Did you fall asleep?" Jin asks, knocking some more, "Rose, wake up! It's very dangerous to fall asleep in the tub!"

"I'm awake," I croak.

He tries to jiggle the handle and then huffs. "Why is the door locked?"

"Because I'm naked!" My legs feel like jelly and standing is very difficult.

Jin's voice is louder this time, "What if something happened? How would I get to you?"

I put on a robe and pull my hair up into a towel, "I guess you would've had to break down the door." I respond with just as much malice.

Why is he mad that I locked the door? Yeah, I'm in his room but aren't I allowed some privacy while bathing?

I pull open the door, fully prepared to fight about the locked door, but his face stops me. His eyes are big and watery and full lips tremble.

Jin pulls me into a hug, "I was worried, I'm sorry."

I'm flush against his body, but I try not to let it get to me. "What were you worried about?"

He tucks my head under his chin, which is hard with my towel on but he manages it. "You weren't responding, I was worried you had...attempted to..."

"Oh..." I mumble. He thought I had tried to drown myself. "Yesterday was bad, yes, but I'm not trying to off myself. I fell asleep, your bathtub is too comfy for my own good." I joke, trying to lighten the mood.

His hand cups the back of my head, and my head is now squished to his chest. I can feel the rapid beating of his heart, his fear evident in its pace.

"What time is it?" I murmur into his chest, my cheeks crushed.

Jin releases me, "It's lunchtime." His face is now in a full-blown smile. Get dressed and come down for lunch, I made something special.

My nose scrunches at the thought of having to put the same pair of underwear on that I wore yesterday. I try to go back into the bathroom to grab my clothes but he stops me.

"Hoseok had some clothes dropped off for you so you would feel more comfortable."

"That's so sweet of him, I'll thank him when I see him." My facelifts into a smile in what feels like forever.

Jin moves to leave, "I'll let you get dressed," but I stop him.

"Am I allowed to close the door?" I mockingly ask.

He just flicks my forehead in response and then shuts the door behind him.

When Jin said Hobi had clothes dropped off for me, I thought he meant that someone had gone to my apartment and brought back some of my clothes. But when I turn to Jin's bed I find a bag from a very famous Korean clothing brand, a store I've been too afraid to go into because I knew I would love the clothes but be unable to afford them. Why temp myself? I didn't think Hobi had a clothing store drop off clothing.

Inside the bag is a pale gray velour tracksuit, and a white t-shirt. All in my size, he must be a great guesser of size. I take them out to admire the cloth, so soft and smooth. Putting it on will feel like gliding over ice. I have a brief moment of relief when I see that he remembered to request to get underwear, but then I see what I'm given. A black satin lacy thong, barely more than a strip of fabric to cover anything. Nothing like the underwear I usually wear which are cotton briefs. I'm more of a comfort over style kind of girl when it comes to underwear. The craziest thing of all is the bra inside the bag is exactly my size. There is no way Hobi could have known that, I didn't take off my bra until I took a bath and I had the door locked!