Chapter 33: The Consequences

"What's going on here?"

I suck in a shaky breath.

Richard looks between the three of us but then lands on the two members and flips between them.

"Get away from her," his voice is deathly quiet, "Now!"

The sound on the last word has both of them stumbling forward and away.

"Rose," Richard comes over to me, "Are you alright?"

"Um..." My voice is quivering. Fear has my throat gripped in its clutches.

He whips back around, turning on Yoongi and Jin. "How dare you try and assault her while we're in the dressing room of a talk show, what the fuck is wrong with you!?"

Assault? What is he talking about?

"Richard, this isn't what it looks like—" Yoongi tries to say, but he's cut off.

"Don't try and lie to me, I saw her pushing the both of you away."

Oh.

Oh.

When he walked in, it must have looked like—

"Richard," I've found my voice now, "That's not what was happening I swear—"

"Don't try to protect them." His voice is so stern and angry I'm afraid to continue, but I can't stand the thought of him thinking these two boys would hurt me.

"No, that's not—"

"Rose," Jin speaks up, his voice sure and strong, "Don't try and protect us." Yoongi looks to Jin and then nods his head.

They're going to try and take the blame?

"No—" I can't let them pretend like they were going to assault me just to keep from telling the truth to keep me safe.

"We do not have time for this," Richard's voice is scathing, "You are going to go out there and act like everything is fine and when we are done, so help me, you are both in so much—"

"They weren't trying to hurt me!"

My voice isn't a yell but it's something very close and they all turn their heads to look at me.

"Rose, don't," Yoongi's voice is pleading and it breaks my heart.

"No, I won't let you try and take the blame for this."

Richard's eyes turn to me and narrow in suspicion.

"They weren't trying to hurt me, they were..." there's no going back from here, "They were fighting over me..."

Richard's eyebrows raise in confusion, but then they settle back down. He understands.

"You two," he motions to Jin and Yoongi, "get out there with the rest of the members."

They both spare me one look back and then head out the door.

Richard turns his undivided attention to me, and the anger I see on his face makes me wish I never took this job in the first place.

"You and I are going to have a talk once this is over."

And then he slams the door behind him on the way out.

The silence blankets over the room and I feel it taking hold in my chest.

I'm completely fucked.

I've literally signed my own death certificate.

Breaking the most important clause in my contract is one thing, but having it known and out in the open is another.

There's no way that I'm not getting fired. I could see the look in Richard's eyes when he realized the truth.