Chapter 7: The Club

"Well, well, well, boys," a voice I don't recognize says, "looks like an angel has fallen just for us tonight." I turn to see the man who caught me and his friends, all looking at me with greedy eyes.

I feel the stranger's hands grip my hips keeping me in place and it triggers my fight or flight response, but instead of either option my body freezes.

"What brings you here tonight, sweetheart?" One of the other men at the table asks.

I can feel the man scoot me closer to him, to the center of his lap, "Um—I-I," I stutter, "I'm looking for my friend."

"We know lots of people here, maybe we know your friend," the man holding me says. I can smell the alcohol on his breath and I flinch away from him. I weigh my options of actually asking for help in finding Tae and getting this over quickly, and not trusting these men with anything.

I opt for the latter and shrink away, "she left for the dance floor," I mumble, using Li as a distraction, and move to get off of this strangers lap but his hands on my hips lock me in place.

"Why don't you stay a little while, sweetheart," the man in front of me says. I look around for help but everyone seems to be minding their own business.

"Here, take a drink of this, it will loosen you up," a glass shoved up to my lips—

"There you are, I've been looking all over for you," Jin says, grabbing my arm and trying to pull me off and out of this grotesque situation. The man trying to shove the drink down my throat lowers it back to the table.

"We found her first," the man holding onto me says, his grip on me tightening I'll surely bruise, "you can have her when we're done."

If even Jin can't get these creeps off of me, how am I going to get away...

Suddenly, Jin covers my ears and whispers into the ear of the man who holds me. I squirm, trying to hear what he's saying but realize I'm making the situation worse as I'm sitting on a man's lap. In one swift motion, I'm lifted out of this predator's lap and into Jin's waiting arms. He carries me bridal style away from the table and into a small alcove. When he sets me down I remember that I only have one shoe on.

"I thought I told you not to talk to anyone?" he rasps angrily.

"I—I didn't! I fell! These stupid shoes are too high and too big and now I only have one—"

He grabs the back of my neck and pulls me into his chest for a tight moment. I'm stunned silent and still and if I'm not mistaken I hear him sniff my hair...

He pulls away, "Let's just find Tae and get home." It's almost nearing 10 pm.

He turns to leave and I hobble trying to follow but he stops me, "I'll be right back," so I step back into the alcove. He comes back a few minutes later with my other shoe.

"Where's Li?" I ask as we head back out and this time he holds my hand.

"She's still dancing," he pulls me in front of him, shielding me with his broad shoulders.

After making one full lap around the club I begin to feel dejected. "Where is he? I thought Li said he was here?"

"He is, we just have to look harder," he says, rubbing his eyes. It's been a long day for him, he must be tired.

I feel like such a burden pulling him into this, if I had just been able to take care of the boys like my job needs me to this wouldn't have happened. The boys mentioned how Tae is a flight risk, I should have stayed with him during vocal lessons instead of following Jin...