Years 2-3

A/N: There are going to be a lot of time skips in this chapter and it'll be skipping over a few things mostly because I have no clue how many words Wattpad allows a chapter.

(Y/n)'s POV : 

'The past few years have been crazy,' I thought as I sat in the living room of 12 Grimmauld Place.

I had shown up with Harry that morning, him having to go to court for use of underage magic. It really wasn't his fault, the dementors shouldn't have shown up near our place nor attacked a muggle. We had to cast our Patronus to protect ourselves and save Dudley from dying. The time of him being gone allowed me to think about everything that Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I had been through over the past few years, and how lucky we were to still be alive. Though not without new fears, worries, and scars that would constantly remind us of those times.

<Flashback>

Year 2

Harry and I sat inside of our shared room, looking over the spells that we were supposed to be studying for our second year at Hogwarts. Throughout the entire summer, we hadn't gotten a single letter from any of our friends which worried me because I know they wouldn't break their promise.

"What if the letters just got lost," I asked Harry, who was beginning to believe that they were mad at us for some reason.

Harry shook his head, "Maybe Ron's, but not Hermione's."

I sighed, I knew that nothing I said would get through to him so there was no point in trying. But he was my brother and I didn't want him to go through this alone. Vernon called us down and told us that we were to stay in our room because he was having company over and he didn't want us to mess anything up. The doorbell rang and he ushered us back to our room, making sure we were out of sight before opening the door. 

I was slightly behind Harry, his body covering the entrance to the room, along with my view of whatever was inside. I heard him gasp and pull me inside, slamming the door behind us. I turned to him about to ask why he did that when I heard a small squeaky voice speak. 

"Mr. Potter, Miss Aizawa it's a pleasure," the voice said.

I let out a small shout and turned around to face whoever that voice came out of, I saw a small person that looked like something between an elf and a troll (I'm sorry Dobby) and shrieked again. After speaking with the creature, Harry and I learned that his name was Dobby and he was a house-elf, which was something equivalent to a slave in a way. He was dressed in a cloth that fit him like a dress and if he believed he did something wrong he would punish himself. Because of this, he made loud noises and caused Vernon to come up to scold us. 

Vernon told us to keep quiet and fix the door to the wardrobe because the door continued to open and we had to shut it over and over. Dobby came out of the wardrobe and began to tell us that we shouldn't and couldn't go back to Hogwarts. 

"But Hogwarts is our home, you saw how we're treated here," I exclaimed.

Harry nodded, "We have friends over in Hogwarts."

"Friends who don't bother to write to Mr. Potter and Miss Aizawa," Dobby said, still attempting to convince us to stay with the Dursley's for the year. 

I was confused as to how he knew that we weren't being written to, it seemed Harry was too because he confronted Dobby about it. Dobby then pulled out two stacks of letters, and when I got a closer look I noticed that they were our letters, from Hermione, Ron, some from Cedric and Draco. 

"Those are ours, why do you have them," I whisper-shouted at Dobby, reaching for my letters.

He pulled them away from me and began to run around the room, causing noise and claiming that he did it for our safety. He continued saying that we couldn't go back to Hogwarts, then opened the door and ran out. Harry and I looked at each other then ran out after him, we chased him down the stairs and into the kitchen where the cake was.